Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Say pretty please with sugar on top and I'd probably port you anywhere for nothing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm a sucker for nice people.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I love it when people think you're "greedy" because you demand a certain pay for your service.

First of all, So what? Anyone who plays this game plays for some selfish reason - even if that selfish reason involves other people. Desire for self-gain is a good thing - even moreso, it's absolutely critical for an existence without wanting to stab yourself in the eyes.

Second, porting isn't "clicking a button." It's the fact that you chose to level that class, spent the time to level to a place where you could actually port other people, and are willing to port someone, instead of going to hunt or camp something. If someone chooses to value their time at 5000pp per port, there's nothing wrong with that.

No one is entitled to ports, despite how so many people believe they're such generous and self-sacrificing people who ported someone for free or for only a few plat, and no one is entitled to ports for a certain price.

Therefore, people can price their ports at whatever they want, and that doesn't make them a jerk - it just means they value their time differently than you do. And I sure hope they do, because they'll start receiving a mountain of tells in time to spend their time porting people instead of doing what they really signed on to do. And I doubt they signed on just to port people around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is entitled to ports, despite how so many people believe they're such generous and self-sacrificing people who ported someone for free or for only a few plat, and no one is entitled to ports for a certain price.

Therefore, people can price their ports at whatever they want, and that doesn't make them a jerk - it just means they value their time differently than you do. And I sure hope they do, because they'll start receiving a mountain of tells in time to spend their time porting people instead of doing what they really signed on to do. And I doubt they signed on just to port people around.
^ this.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe you missed the point somewhere. To shout that you are porting for donations and then when someone throws up 10pp in a trade window you go off on them because its not atleast 20pp is doing it wrong.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Ths is funny. I play a wizard and I do not play to port people around. I play for entertainment. I generally port for free. Generally means if i'm involved in a quest. on a CR or helping someone else out and you send me a tell for a port you'd better off up some coin or i'm going to tell you i'm busy.

When Kunark comes out the price of porting by a wizard will increase 5 fold, and a little heads up, some of the port-ins spots are "Hot" meaning instant agro to KOS mobs for the druid or wizard.

My toon, my rules, you dont like it put me on ignore.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

It's simple. If you say you're porting for donations, you get a donation. If you want more than they offer, then agree it before hand or port for a fixed price.

/end thread

I enchant things...
Old 01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Kobold

No kidding. If you port for donations, don't bitch at how much your donation is. make it a flat rate in your announcement if you have such a problem with getting "short changed."

But that is it, isn't it? If you say "for donations" then there is a chance you will get more than your flat rate would be, and that's why a lot of people say "for donations" and not 20pp. So when these people get other side of the donations blade and complain, they can fuck off.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Large Bat

I've no problem with free ports and am also happy when people decide that they want to toss me a few coins. The only thing that gets to me is when someone drops group before i even zone in from gating (sometimes i zone slower). Be courteous!
Monk Green
Closed Thread