Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 07:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if begging is an actual EQ skill you can use on NPCs, then why can't people beg to non-NPCs? food for thought.
NPCs also will murder you sometimes when you beg so there you go
Old 01-30-2020, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs also will murder you sometimes when you beg so there you go
and PCs revert to RnF. tbh OP man...wtf do you expect man playing those types of classes? you knew this would happen so either ignore them, troll them, or set a price.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Skeleton

A few days ago I ooc'd politely asking if anyone could port a lowbie (level 9) to EC and that I'd only be able to donate 5pp. One individual ridiculed me in ooc for the next 10 minutes telling me I'd better start running because my donation was pathetic.

So remember: some people are just assholes!
Old 01-30-2020, 09:46 AM
Skeleton

If someone isn't offering me Olive Garden breadsticks in exchange for SoW, I move on!
Old 01-30-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

My only gripe is that literal phrase, “Any (service/buff)?” Two.damn.words.

I don’t care about the plat. I hate the presumption and efficiency of word use that someone would just blast to the zone, in two words, if this thing is possible at all. As if someone will be excited to run over to help or stop what they are doing to log in a specific toon.

I frequently rez and buff people with multiple characters for free. See someone struggling to grind and figure I’ll do them a random solid (it makes ya feel good). Rarely if they can’t be bothered to hint at a donation or even just give the impression your efforts would be needed or at least appreciated (ie “Can anyone please rez me? I’m not having the best luck.”). When did “please” and “thank you” become such a tough ask? We texted that shit over a decade ago before phones had keyboards.

If you are asking for common courtesy it helps to show a bit.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few days ago I ooc'd politely asking if anyone could port a lowbie (level 9) to EC and that I'd only be able to donate 5pp. One individual ridiculed me in ooc for the next 10 minutes telling me I'd better start running because my donation was pathetic.

So remember: some people are just assholes!
Get the port first, then pay after and tell them that’s all you got.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:29 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only gripe is that literal phrase, “Any (service/buff)?” Two.damn.words.

I don’t care about the plat. I hate the presumption and efficiency of word use that someone would just blast to the zone, in two words, if this thing is possible at all. As if someone will be excited to run over to help or stop what they are doing to log in a specific toon.

I frequently rez and buff people with multiple characters for free. See someone struggling to grind and figure I’ll do them a random solid (it makes ya feel good). Rarely if they can’t be bothered to hint at a donation or even just give the impression your efforts would be needed or at least appreciated (ie “Can anyone please rez me? I’m not having the best luck.”). When did “please” and “thank you” become such a tough ask? We texted that shit over a decade ago before phones had keyboards.

If you are asking for common courtesy it helps to show a bit.
It's like those people in traffic that won't put their phones down to give you a proper thank you.

"I don't know how else to thank you other than..."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2020, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

You do realize that I don't actually talk to buffer but just have 5 macros:
/tt can I have haste and c please?
/tt can I have sta and fos please?
/tt can I have potg please?
/tt can I have symbol please?
/tt can I have ds please?

Please note that I am particularly proud of the last one, I can use it with pali for divine strength or with druid/mag for damage shield....
Old 01-30-2020, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

I always thought it was obviously implied that donations are included, but suppose not
Old 01-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get the port first, then pay after and tell them that’s all you got.
This works too. If you're asking for a certain amount for ports then please advertise your rate. If you're simply asking for donations then it sounds like you'll be happy with whatever the other person thinks they can afford.

In this instance I was happily soloing so I could afford to wait for someone who was having a slow night and was content with the low tip.

I just though it was funny that an attempt to be up-front about this incited ridicule from the peanut gallery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread