Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because that is the rule sets established by rogean and nilbog. The server admins could change how guilds compete in an instant.

Braknar tried to shake things up and was dismissed.
Didn't Braknar want 100% rotations?

That aside, I do agree the ruleset could be altered. As it is, one guild ends up taking everything.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression that p99 was supposed to be "classic"

What's classic about having guilds log into some 3rd party program so they can hold hands and talk about which raids mobs they can kill.

Seems like my boy Nirgon is right. Y'all filthy casuals want a piece of the pie without putting in the work. EQ has always been about putting in a ton of work to get the best pixels. If you didn't know that, or want something different, WoW is that way.

This is why blue/green are ultimately flawed and plain boring. Instead of crying to GMs about not getting trak, y'all should duke it out. It's what Brad would have wanted.
There's nothing "classic" about this, it's an emulation of classic. So give up on that idea. None of us had the info and resources we have now, back then.

Funny how people, no matter the context, will pick and choose what strengthens "their" side while ignoring all the relative information. If you wanna play classic you better have 56k, no discord and throw your cell phone away while you're at it. Where does one draw the next imaginary line? This logical fallacy is for the sheep.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyclef31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing "classic" about this, it's an emulation of classic. So give up on that idea. None of us had the info and resources we have now, back then.

Funny how people, no matter the context, will pick and choose what strengthens "their" side while ignoring all the relative information. If you wanna play classic you better have 56k, no discord and throw your cell phone away while you're at it. Where does one draw the next imaginary line? This logical fallacy is for the sheep.
I mentioned GINA to a person one time telling them it would help them realize their FD failed because it was in a dirty puller and caused aggro on my cleric. Said it isn’t classic and they play for that. Two weeks later they were yammering about how their should be instances for raid targets or enforced rotations. Every time I hear ‘but muh classic’ they always cherry pick.

Classic on my server was you’d get trained if they didn’t like you or they wanted to steal your camp. It wasn’t constant or often, but it would happen. Or two groups DPS racing trying to steal the mobs. Good times.
Catchdeez Handssson - 55 Monk
Old 02-13-2021, 03:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

"Degenerate" is one of those words that says a lot about a person--namely that they are a gambler, a physicist, or a racist.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like my boy Nirgon is right. Y'all filthy casuals want a piece of the pie without putting in the work. EQ has always been about putting in a ton of work to get the best pixels. If you didn't know that, or want something different, WoW is that way.
Bullshit. Since EQ has no gear-check barriers of entry (bar easy to get resists and cheap utility items) and no PvP your gear is literally just vanity pixels outside of a few solo/small group feats which few ever do anyway.

EQ raiding is staring blankly at a screen spamming tracking/pettracking or duckporting for several hours on end in the hopes of that something will pop. Then everyone logs on and rushes the boss in <20 secs. Items are dropped, the people who have the most unhealthy amount of hours staring at the screen gets the good drops. Rince and repeat.

For all the shit WoW gets it is far more demanding in skill and the top end gear actually requires something more than unemployment status and autism.

If you however like a social game with a big world full of dangers, EQ gives you that.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bullshit. Since EQ has no gear-check barriers of entry (bar easy to get resists and cheap utility items) and no PvP your gear is literally just vanity pixels outside of a few solo/small group feats which few ever do anyway.

EQ raiding is staring blankly at a screen spamming tracking/pettracking or duckporting for several hours on end in the hopes of that something will pop. Then everyone logs on and rushes the boss in <20 secs. Items are dropped, the people who have the most unhealthy amount of hours staring at the screen gets the good drops. Rince and repeat.

For all the shit WoW gets it is far more demanding in skill and the top end gear actually requires something more than unemployment status and autism.

If you however like a social game with a big world full of dangers, EQ gives you that.
I think the problem is more specifically the fact that raids have no player-cap. Back in Vanilla resists were EXTREMELY important because you (or at least, we, as in my guild) had very limited numbers. When we did something like NTOV we'd have MAYBE 50 players (on the high side). However, when you have 100+ people attending a raid you have so much excess healing and DPS that it makes resisting AOEs totally irrelevant. Especially when we have an EXTREMELY unclassic number of the "core" raiding classes (cleric warriors monks and rogues specifically). We have so many shaman and druids that healing AOE/Ramp damage is not a problem at all.
POP almost out an end to this by limiting the number of people who could be flagged, but even then you could still bring 100 people to actually kill the mob.

I say implement a betting system. Each guild in contest gets to "bet" on the number of players with whom they can defeat an encounter. Then attempts proceed in ascending order. Guild with the fewest players gets first attempt - if they fail they're locked out of that specific mob til next spawn.

I'll tell ya it's quite interesting how closely ClassicWOW has come to resemble P99. Groups now level only via AOE dungeon groups - you sit at the dungeon entrance and a level 60 clears the dungeon for your (after you've paid them, of course). The highest end guilds clear all the hard raid content, then you walk in and loot your items (after you've paid them, of course) etc etc
Old 02-14-2021, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll tell ya it's quite interesting how closely ClassicWOW has come to resemble P99. Groups now level only via AOE dungeon groups - you sit at the dungeon entrance and a level 60 clears the dungeon for your (after you've paid them, of course). The highest end guilds clear all the hard raid content, then you walk in and loot your items (after you've paid them, of course) etc etc
Classic WoW has instanced raids that are harder (at least Naxx is supposedly hard, moreso expensive in regards to consumables), but classic WoW currently was ruined by 2 things that also ruin EQ Live TLP servers: 1. RMT and 2. Bots

All raids are now GDKP (gold DKP), meaning step 1 is buy 50,000+ gold from websites. Step 2 is get into one of these raids where a core group of raiders carries a bunch of whales through the raid. Then bid your bought gold on items as they drop. The most expensive item I think went for like 185,000 gold or something like that

So unless you buy gold, you will likely never save enough to be able to get any items, and since there are so many GDKP raids, normal guild runs are dying out. Also, botting is rampant. Bots fly hack and run under the ground. Bots are running on scripts 24/7. It is almost impossible to find certain materials used in high end flasks because the bots have them locked down 24/7. And blizz, just like daybreakgames for EQ, won't ban the bots or deal with the bot problem because bots = money for them

EQ TLP is full of bot armies, all scripted to lock a particular zone down and farm it 24/7, then sell items for Krono (real $$). So these games have their own problems. Hopefully P99 never gets that bad
Old 02-14-2021, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also doesnt matter if you remove yourself from the player agreements. If the rest of the server on green decides to agree than seal team will be forced to follow.
sounds like commies
Old 02-14-2021, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Want to join Seal Team.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

Sometime during the PoP era there was a post on my server message board from a shadow knight that wanted to stop leveling in the early 50s and just slam AA in Karnor's Castle, at a much slower rate than was expected at the time. He just really loved Karnors. Someone commented, 'why would you kill drolvargs, just to get better at killing drolvargs, just to get better at killing drolvargs? There's no point without some progression.'

That's really been sitting on my mind lately.
Last edited by bomaroast; 02-14-2021 at 01:19 PM..
Closed Thread