Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Why is s**t so backwards? A Fippy perspective.

I came here to play casual, I was in Twisted Legion from Classic -> GoD on the Fippy Darkpaw Progression server and had my fill of EQ <as a job > raiding. It was a lot like this, but only for 2 months per expansion with very little farming of the previous expansions.

That said, why is the raid scene so stupid on this server? For a server that is stuck with so little content for such long periods of time, why are 1 maybe 2 guilds allowed to monopolize content?

This server is designed for casual play, as it is stuck in the pre hardcore era's of Classic -> Velious which were not designed for a majority high end environment. 32k raid mobs? You can kill that with 12 people.

If you want people to stop crying and DDOS'ing this server, make the content more available.

Either spawn targets, or keep the no lifers from getting everything via suppression. Its that, or forever have a small and angry server population. And stupid, inflated prices...

TL;DR The content was never designed for this many high end players. Change the rules.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Sarnak

PFFFt like fippy was any better with citizen holding down all mobs via SK HT army, I'm only speaking through velious though, I quit fippy afyter that because it was such a shitstain.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzglock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I came here to play casual, I was in Twisted Legion from Classic -> GoD on the Fippy Darkpaw Progression server and had my fill of EQ <as a job > raiding. It was a lot like this, but only for 2 months per expansion with very little farming of the previous expansions.

That said, why is the raid scene so stupid on this server? For a server that is stuck with so little content for such long periods of time, why are 1 maybe 2 guilds allowed to monopolize content?

This server is designed for casual play, as it is stuck in the pre hardcore era's of Classic -> Velious which were not designed for a majority high end environment. 32k raid mobs? You can kill that with 12 people.

If you want people to stop crying and DDOS'ing this server, make the content more available.

Either spawn targets, or keep the no lifers from getting everything via suppression. Its that, or forever have a small and angry server population. And stupid, inflated prices...

TL;DR The content was never designed for this many high end players. Change the rules.

LMAO!!!1

a TL player complaining about others monopolizing content

LMAO1!!!!1
Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertbarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO!!!1

a TL player complaining about others monopolizing content

LMAO1!!!!1
Was in TL as well. I do not understand this thread lmao
Old 07-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Aviak

What exactly do you propose they do? Prevent the peopl that play the game the most from playing? Pretty sure that might kill the server itself.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
This server is designed for casual play...
Not sure how someone would make this assumption.

The server is the server. People play the way they wish to play.

Besides... if you want top end stuff, there is nothing stopping you from putting in the hours and joining one of those guilds that do the top end stuff.

You can't have it both ways, though. You can't remain casual and expect to experience the game like those that put in 40+ hours a week in the game.

Games that try and make it possible for the casual player to experience the same things as a high level raiding guild end up playing like a modern MMO, or a single player game where you just happen to have others playing in the same space as you. Then you completely lose what has made EQ Classic so great.

Thaeryn - Tunare Server 2000-2002.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzglock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...keep the no lifers from getting everything via suppression...
ooooo suppression!

Might I suggest, endless waves of bixie drones with laser beams that come out of their eyes?

If you try to kill a high end mob twice in a row, a swarm of them starts to follow you around from zone to zone. They should only have a few hundred hitpoints, but they should keep coming.

That's cuz they have a bbbzatphone.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Hey, everyone in the game wants killer top end stuff. Who wouldn't? But hells bells I never had a Fungi, CoF, T-Staff etc. for years and years on live. I never belonged to a Top end guild to get that stuff.

Why does every other thread on here complain that hell I don't have BiS in every slot after I have been on here 6 months. What the hell!! Get off your ass and join TMO or FE. How hard is that. Ohh I don't want to Batphone and track all night. Well guess what then you won't have what they have. Simple as that. Get over it.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, everyone in the game wants killer top end stuff. Who wouldn't? But hells bells I never had a Fungi, CoF, T-Staff etc. for years and years on live. I never belonged to a Top end guild to get that stuff.

Why does every other thread on here complain that hell I don't have BiS in every slot after I have been on here 6 months. What the hell!! Get off your ass and join TMO or FE. How hard is that. Ohh I don't want to Batphone and track all night. Well guess what then you won't have what they have. Simple as that. Get over it.
Why is it necessary to bring up this strawman every time? Web, I actually have BiS in every slot on my enchanter with the sole exception of PD. My problem is I got it by farming the spore king. I'd just like to do some of the encounters periodically, and without zerging them with 50.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Not me

You guys are missing the point. I am not complaining because I am here to do these things....

And yes, we were forced out of position by GM's on Fippy lest anyone forget. The other guilds put in massive petitions to get them to enforce a rotation.

It happened just like that, and the raid scene became a lot healthier for more of the population for a while. It will be different in Velious when you need large raids and sustained capabilities to win the fights.

I am not complaining people, I don't care. Like I said, I had my time, I am casual.

I am just pointing out how it was handled there and why people will always be pissed off with a "just beat them" perspective over easy game content that people shouldnt have to play 24/7 to obtain
Closed Thread