Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Default Trying to get this up and running

I could use some help. I'm on a mac using Maverick and I've got my hands on the Red99 torrent, which is PC based. How would one go about getting this to be mac compatible? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56238
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Kobold

Thanks for responding! I actually was trying to get this going with that guide earlier. My issue is that I'm not entirely certain if that guide is necessarily compatible with the version I've downloaded. I've made it up to step 11. I don't appear to be able to open up the windowed mode file that step 12 dictates, nor will the game launch when I click the application. I've assumed that the torrent file has the files from P99Files36 contained within it already. I'm going to try putting those in now though on the off chance it doesn't. I'll report back as to whether that works or not. Also, I don't want to paste the specific torrent link here as I'm not sure if that's OK with the forum rules.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Kobold

Okay, I replaced the P99 files, and have attempted to launch the game with Launch Titanium.bat by utilizing the Project 1999 application. It's giving me a black box saying launch eqgame patch me. I feel like I'm missing something really basic here, but I've followed the set up guide step by step...
Old 03-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

I am not sure why he bat file does not work, but you can play without by doing the following:

1. Create a shortcut to eqgame.exe
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties
3. Append "- patchme" without quotes to the end of the path

It may just be "patchme" or "patch me" though. I cannot check my putter ATM. Just experiment with this variations and you should be able ringer irbil and running if someone else doesn't cjimenin on the correct one first ^^
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Kobold

Been at this for a few hours now. I've torrented all the game files and replaced the proper files from the patch download. I honestly have no idea where to go from here.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just experiment with this variations and you should be able ringer irbil and running if someone else doesn't cjimenin on the correct one first ^^

...huh?

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 03-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...huh?
Think he had a stroke while typing.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...huh?
"Ringer irbil" is the i-device translation of my mistyped "to get up" and "cjimein" is apparently just my typo for "chime in" which the i-device didn't feel like fixing that time :/

Or it may have just been a stroke >.<
Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Kobold

All strokes aside, does anyone know how I should proceed from here? Do I need to try to put a new OS on my machine or something? I wanna start playing! lol
Closed Thread