Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 12:42 PM
Orc

Default Manastone - Best way to approach?

If I can accomplish but one thing before legacy items disappear, it is to obtain a manastone.

What am I looking at here in terms of what I will have to endure? I know there is a list and how it works. I know there will be a line. So I guess my true questions are:

1) Is it best to attempt this now or in a month or two when perhaps more people already have it?

2) What kind of time am I realistically looking at in order to have a chance at this? At best I can put a full weekend into it, non-stop if I have to.

3) As long as I continue to meet the criteria to maintain my spot on the list is there any way that I can still get screwed out of the item?

4) What is the list length typically right now and how many stones are dropped a day approximately?

Any advice is appreciated but I am dead set on getting one and my hope is someone can give me advice to make it as easy as possible (which won't be easy I know).

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

either have some friends who can rotate with you or buy an eightball of some cocaine. you're looking at 50+ hours atm.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

First of all - let me wish you the best of luck in obtaining your manastone as you seem very determined to obtain it. As to your questions;

1) this will always be a highly sought after item so I don't think waiting a month or two will diminish the work required at the camp.

2) This is RNG based, several people have posted about day(s) long before seeing a manastone drop I believe there's one forum post claiming 107 hours.

3) Not that im aware of.

4) Again RNG

You asked for advice and here it is, either obtain an adderoll prescription from your doctor or account share like the majority of the community is doing right now otherwise its just a detriment to your heath - there's zero REASONABLE way to camp these items by yourself currently. I've seen people log off briefly, come back speaking different languages casting different spells sitting in different spots - all while maintaining their spot on the "list" my best advice is to find a trusted friend and park yourself there 24/7.
Last edited by muffler; 01-30-2020 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-30-2020, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen people log off briefly, come back speaking different languages casting different spells sitting in different spots - all while maintaining their spot on the "list" my best advice is to find a trusted friend and park yourself there 24/7.

That could have been legit. I had a friend camp it for 70 hours w/o relief, and the last day in /gu he was speaking in tongues and prophesying doom Book of Revelations-style.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Aviak

It's easy if you work request a Friday and Monday off assuming you get Sat/Sun off. Then go to bed early that Thursday and wake up Friday morning fresh and ready to sit till possibly Monday.

If you have a wife/kids/family tell them you they're dead to you for the next 2-4 days.

Or you can do the easy route and just say screw it and not get it because honestly you may get burned out soon and quit playing the game anyway.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That could have been legit. I had a friend camp it for 70 hours w/o relief, and the last day in /gu he was speaking in tongues and prophesying doom Book of Revelations-style.
But I was speaking about people that log off for 2-5 minutes and come back and suddenly are behaving drastically different, its almost as if.... GASP, they're a totally different person tapping in!
Old 01-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Orc

Ugh! I fear the reason it is camped goes beyond the "I want one for my personal use". I would imagine you have people camping it for big plat selling them later or GASP! breaking the rules and selling for real money. I guess that is the part of Everquest which made it unique, no instances and the competition of who can bare the brunt of their ass on a chair the longest or come up with a plan that utilizes several people to prevent the casual from having a chance.

Still love the game. I am sure I will try. We will see how I endure.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I can accomplish but one thing before legacy items disappear, it is to obtain a manastone.

What am I looking at here in terms of what I will have to endure?
You're going to have to endure a series of plat farming camps. You're going to log in and either farm things like giants and trees for money, or sit in lguk somewhere hoping to get some loots for sale in ec. Once you reach about 90K, you buy a manastone.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

If you are gonna do it you have to realize you should really only try once and don't quit once you start, even if it takes 4 days. Def get a friend(s) that won't mess up the AFK check day 3 though.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

After the merge anyone selling a manastone for 90k is dumb.
Closed Thread