Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all, and thank you for your support.

We went for NEC/CLR and we're up to lvl 4 after a rough start. My intuition that the community based, mechanically easy but unforgiving nature of EverQuest would be a good match for our duo seems to be holding.

I'm not sure she'll play a lot by herself at the begining, so I'm left wondering what to do when she's not here. I first thought i would do TS but alas I have no income, and an alt would soon become a main which i want to avoid... Any suggestion on organizing our playtime?
You're way better off staying "static" with her so you don't out level her character.

Only play the cleric when she's playing.

Your only option is just to roll another character, honestly. Nothing wrong with that at all. Who cares if it becomes your main and your cleric is your "only w/ GF" alt?
Old 08-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

I might recommend doing so lower level quests while you're playing without her. Definitely will give you the "classic" experience and probably won't pass her by with levels. Quests can be a fun time sink.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqtrader99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might recommend doing so lower level quests while you're playing without her. Definitely will give you the "classic" experience and probably won't pass her by with levels. Quests can be a fun time sink.
This.

Also you can spend time researching where you guys will hunt and maybe give her a few different options of where you guys can adventure for the night. I recently started playing EQ with my wife and I was really trying to enhance her experience during our limited playtime so I found some cool quests for us to do while grinding. We’re currently doing the scarab armor quests in kaladim so she can not only experience grinding but also questing for her own armor. I never would have known about that quest had I not been researching for her.

Good luck
Old 08-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Traveling takes so long, that if you only have a short play session and you log in half an hour away from where you left her, that's not ideal

Just make an alt.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Skeleton

Okay i'm just bumping my own thread, hope you won't mind.

We are currently having a hard time levelling at lvl 6. We are in EC atm, not a whole lot of mobs but a lot of deaths for sure.

I can't really remember what zone to hunt in at that level, especially since we are bound in Nektulos forest. We tried befallen briefly and while she enjoyed the dungeon experience there are just too many traps in that place, both literally and figurativelly.

Am I missing something obvious?
Old 08-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

You can fight undead around the Wizard ruins in Nektulos, I think? Also halflings on the opposite side of the zone.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay i'm just bumping my own thread, hope you won't mind.

We are currently having a hard time levelling at lvl 6. We are in EC atm, not a whole lot of mobs but a lot of deaths for sure.

I can't really remember what zone to hunt in at that level, especially since we are bound in Nektulos forest. We tried befallen briefly and while she enjoyed the dungeon experience there are just too many traps in that place, both literally and figurativelly.

Am I missing something obvious?
Deathfist Orcs in a group plus looting the deathfist belts and turning them in for big XP is just about as classic as EC can get
Closed Thread