Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer

??
I ran past a mob once and hit attack and it turned out there was a level 5 fighting it that wasn't loaded on my client yet due to GM speed and flyby. I gave him the xp for the mob.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can take a larger picture later when I get home. I didn't even see it this morning until I checked the forums when I got to work. Typing this post from my cell phone.

Also, I agree that there are over uses of the race command. When I do it it's mostly on myself maybe a player or two around me. In some cases I'll use the pre made mass illusion spells, which are mostly just player races + some others. I've tried to atleast enforce to the guides not to change people to non playable races but eh once in a while you can't get too worked up over.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

I can remember GM's doing that kind of action in Veeshan, and in EQ2 GM, even SoE salary employees come to guild halls and will change all the AFK people into something fun to see when you go to your broker... Keep doing it, it is a lot of fun and breaks the monotony of EC tunnel sometimes.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Aviak

This thread was meant to be fun!

Uthgaard is an excellent guide. I've had a few encounters with him and I've had nothing but great experiences. He's quick to respond to petitions and knowledgeable. Also, the guy dedicates insane hours to this server! I don't know what more you can expect but I find responses at 5 a.m. to petitions pretty damn good service!

He also seems fair and level headed. Which is what we've been needing on this server from our guides.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What part of cshome is that if you don't mind me asking?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

I can only say good things about Uthgaard.

He was also quite thorough when dealing with my petition to make sure that all bases were covered with the quest before he moved on to his next task.

I don't know what people are complaining about. I think for FREE we get a pretty awesome server with damn good service. Complaining about mass illusions? Seriously? /boggle
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Ahhh I see. For some reason that wall was looking like the edge of water to me with the blue cast (Ultravision) and the wavy marble texture. Different angle explains it all.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen some pretty poor GM behavior here, and I say this as a GM from ProjectEQ, and my interactions from live GM over the years. I realize GM need to have fun too, but you really should start drawing clear lines as to player zone interaction.

Mixxit's boat tours, were a good example of positive player interaction. That's a sort of event, it boosts morale and keeps people interested.

Rogean's running around in circles stabbing things in the face, potentially KSing newbies is deplorable.

GM staff using #race on players, to turn them into various things, is also something that SHOULD be selective for events. When you run to East Commonlands, and everyone is a ghoul, or everyone is a froglok, it's not an EverQuest experience at all. It's a non-legit EQEMU experience.
Giving illusions to an entire zone or a subset of players within a zone was not limited to events as I recall on CT server. When our guild was prepping for Naggy one night, GM Tilol appeared and proceeded to give out cookies and milk to everyone there. Before he left, he turned our entire raid into Gnomes. Even though he was just having innocent fun with us, there were some in the raid who were upset at being turned into Gnomes.

Another instance which occurred later in EQ's life, when PoK was actually popular and populated, was when a_random_gm014 in the skin of Xegony appeared and turned people into fairies. Everyone who wanted the illusion came cruising over to the Nexus stone when the GM was and asked for it, and others of course crabbed in /ooc or /shout that there were other things for a GM to be doing.

Neither of the above incidents were events. These were just GM's having some fun and sharing it with the players. These things happened on Live and happen here also because our guides, gm's, and admin's are not robots who only live to provide a free server and free service for us. They are people who like to have innocent fun as much as you or I. Personally, I think it is nice to see their sense of humor manifest in such ways, though I cannot comment on the other behaviours mentioned without knowing more about what happened (such as the ks'ing of newbies). I will say that of course the line should be drawn at giving unfair advantage to any player due to favoritism. It is impossible to be completely objective when friends are involved but it is possible to control ones urges to favor them unfairly.

-John Keats

Reynard Cunningfox
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Uth is probably the best GM I have came across in my time in EQ ( That is Live and about 20 different Emu servers). If I petition at 3 in the mournin or 6 in the afternoon the dude always responds within 2 to 5 mins tops. To all you complainers you have to remember none of these guys make money off this shit and keep this shit up to make over a 1000 people happy of which 99% they probably dont even know. Half you guys wouldnt help your mother inside with the groceries so go fuck yourselves.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uth is probably the best GM I have came across in my time in EQ. If I petition at 3 in the mournin or 6 in the afternoon the dude always responds within 2 to 5 mins tops.
I second these statements