Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Permafrost, Solusek eye, Runny eye and classic Goblin AI

Goblin AI. It should be similar to undead AI! why isnt it so? :P

I remember cruising in solusek eye and permafrost to farm shit on my lvl 50 druid.. I had to snipe those see invis from a safe corner to get by them.

All those goblins used to aggro instantly if you ran next to them.

Also for sola, Gnomes should kill goblins when they get too close.

Quote:
.it pulled 5 or 6 inferno's back onto us and that was the end of that. The captain drops some nice charred stuff, gaunts and boots (~~300pp each). Once you have cleaned the Captain room, pull to there. Remember to have your timer set (18 minutes), and don’t let your healers get low on mana before the next repop. It can get ugly fast. The closest escape is run these nasties to the gnomes...LOL...they are KoS to the gnomes, and unless you are too, no sweat ;)
These zones are made trivial because of the unexistent undead AI on these goblins. Please make those zones interesting again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks!

They practically share the same AI in kunark, Green goblins will aggro on you in all other dungeons(mines of drolga.. and the other ones I cannot recall!) and Green gobbos will aggro in frontier mountains/Warsliks wood and what not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope that helps!~
Last edited by Nizzarr; 07-02-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

You should probably post some evidence of this.

Currently they agro if you try to meditate but I honestly don't remember green con goblins always attacking players. Not saying your wrong, but the devs will want evidence to support this.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Kobold

I recall sola and perma goblins attacking regardless of the level difference, so I checked, and on live they still attack a level 80.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dersk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall sola and perma goblins attacking regardless of the level difference, so I checked, and on live they still attack a level 80.
bump

Quote:
yes sola = Eye. This is a great place for someone in your level, exp is like another paldul! Only catch is goblins can get nasty. Wizards and shaman both nuke hard and shamans slow and root also, try to stay away from them. Goblins aggro alot, have high aggro when you attack another goblin, and even greens will attack you if you run past them. Not many people fight here though, shame... best exp i've seen for mid20s-lower30s
Quote:
The worst parts about this place:
-Goblins aggro on everyone almost without exception, with little to no regard for level. Don't expect invis to help you move around- basically any magic user in this dungeon sees invis. Young goblins backstab. Shamans can sow themselves (even though this is an indoor zone, go figure), and the wizards...well read below for them.

Need undead aggro now!
Last edited by Nizzarr; 12-20-2010 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Well if this is proven to be classic there is only one major problem I have with the change taking place.

It won't stop level 50's from farming all the rare drops. All it's going to do is eliminate parts of Sola from being a viable exp spot for mid-level characters because the goblins will get slaughtered en-mass by these high level players for senseless things like medding purposes.

But if that's the way it was then so be it I guess. Personally I think if this gets changed it should be held off on till Kunark though for the sake of people looking to exp.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, that would only happen the one time that a high level char runs through.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, that would only happen the one time that a high level char runs through.
If I'm hanging out trying to get a rare drop off Kindle (for example) then I have to clear all the goblins that are going to aggro on me every spawn cycle. Maybe not the best example but you get the idea. If it's a heavily populated area and the level 50 didn't get his drop right away he might be there for a while, in some cases a long while.

Permafrost would be even worse since you tend to see one person camping multiple named mobs. The agro won't stop him, he'll simply keep half the zone dead.
Last edited by guineapig; 12-20-2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

If groups usually clear near Kindle I'm sure that they'd be happy to take the xp off your hands [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Suffice to say, I can't wait to have to slaughter gobbos and not have to make excuses up for why I'm attacking greens, if this goes in.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Let's make things classic IMO! This needs to be changed for kunark anyway! Nilbog aggros on everyone!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

I do recall dying on my wizard due a train of green gobbos out in Kunark. When I was on the beta server I was checking Grachnist since he was up in about 9 different places.. didn't even think about the lack of agro from any of the mobs, there.

Technically isn't this also a Kunark bug report, too, then? All gobbos must die!