Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

One more thing and I think this is the best way to tell that mobs leash was in general very short:

FACT: When Kunark released, the range of call for help was erroneously GREATER than the range of lazy aggro.

This meant that if you had mobs (Seb for example) staggered in pairs and you attacked the first pair, the second pair further down would get the call for help and aggro on you but would not add because you were still out of their lazy aggro.

FACT: Sony stated that this was working as intended.

FACT: In 2001 Sony patched out the bug, patch notes clearly show this, stating that the call for help was too large and that's why people were getting the auto-pulling problem.

Auto-pulling was basically where you sat down somewhere and started pulling mobs x and y, a mob z not far away but outside lazy aggro range would get the call for help and start broadcasting its own call for help. When your original mobs x and y repopped, they would catch mob z's call for help and bee line onto your party meaning you didn't have to pull at all.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Kobold

I probably pulled post-revamp overking to zone in atleast 100 times on live and he definitely would reset if I outran him by ~400 range. And I also had him gate quite a few times as I killed him at zone in, he wouldn't summon from there. Lazy agro should be added...npc line of sight casting should be fixed...pet command range and window should be fixed.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

I played Sol Ro before all the merges, started Jaggedpine Defenders it was one the first guild on the server..
There was no fucking lazy agro, this kid is nothing but a troll I don't give a shit how many blog posts he spends his days searching for ... for no reason at that.
The thread should be left to die. A troll who's never been in Chardok posting about how the agro is wrong in Chardok..
Old 07-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

FACT: This thread delivers.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

There really was mob leashing. However, it was restricted by zone. No classic zone ever had it. Starting in Kunark it did exist for some outdoor zones but likely not from dungeons.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

In other words, while this might be a "classic" feature that is missing its still not going to stop Chardok AE groups even if implemented because dungeons didn't have it.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Orc

Cool My experience with SEQ and "Lazy Aggro"

Speaking from direct experience and with a clear memory of pathing behaviors back in the day, I can say that there was not a time that you would lose agro because you were too far away from a mob. In fact- the entire hallmark of EQ was that you never lost agro until you left the zone. Making it otherwise would be ridiculous and destructive to classic gameplay.
What WOULD happen when you got far enough away from a mob is that the mob would begin to find 'creative' paths to get to the puller. This would result in the mob shooting off sideways in various directions, or sometimes deciding to go backwards away from the puller. Said mob would continue to hand off their agro to social mobs along the way, and eventually an entire zone would get all riled up and a puller may not be aware of it until BAM a huge train of mobs decided to find a path to them. The biggest example that I can recall of this was in the Plane of Fear.
I can remember many times in fear where my raid would be meditating waiting for a pull and a mob would come from far away straight at the group- we would then all have to camp out because we realized that someone had the mob on agro and wasn't aware. This happened because fear is a large open zone and thus mobs had a ton of choices on how to get to the puller- or more accurately Verant didn't have the best coding in the world so their pathing AI needed some work.
This didn't seem to happen in indoor zones as the path choices were more clearly defined and therefore mobs wouldn't get lost like in Fear, Burning Woods, or Dreadlands (where it seemed to happen more commonly).
Old 07-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Wasn't implemented til Luclin. So shut the fuck up.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

Believe what you like. Opinions are fine. I prefer evidence though and Im the only one that has bought any relevant evidence to the discussion.

My evidence stands unchallenged by yours. Therefore until you provide some I win, you lose, end of fucking story girls.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Banned

know whats not retarded? this full level i got in chardok tonight. u mad bro
Closed Thread