Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Default "Duping" platinum / Items

Disclaimer: i do not play here at all anymore. i am only asking about historical methodology.

I always wondered how people duplicated (duped) these things, any historical information would be appreciated. Please do not provide whatever the current duplication procedure as that would not be ideal.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

Cough (backs away slowly...)
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

In Diablo 1 you would drop the item on the ground, walk away from it, walk toward it and right as you picked it up you would pick up one of your potions from your belt. I'm pretty sure you do the same thing here

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Most commonly dupes in EQ involved crashing a zone/server to "double save" an item or bugs with merchants/NPCs and trading/buying/selling in various ways.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Diablo 1 you would drop the item on the ground, walk away from it, walk toward it and right as you picked it up you would pick up one of your potions from your belt. I'm pretty sure you do the same thing here
Loved this! Also, Because D1 was mostly single player, they stored your character files on the PC not the server. You could use a hex editor to manipulate anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

I thought I duped a bunch of sandwiches once during a transfer that went horribly wrong... I remember getting an angry red invalid slot # or item # (or something) message when I received the items, and then the guy's gear actually started turning into other items from my inventory when I traded them back to his alt!

On his screen, it looked like I was just pocketing his gear and giving him sandwiches and steaks and vegetables and stuff in return. Stunned at the accusation, I asked him to trade them back to me, and sure enough, I ended up with duped stacks of sandwiches and steaks!

After much confusion and attempts to recover the lost items, I relogged. Upon my return, all of his gear was back on the cursor slot and I was able to complete the transfer.

In the end, I think it just *appeared* that items were duped, when in fact I think the icon/item number was being displayed incorrectly in the client for some reason, although I actually *was* trading him back his gear.

The next couple times I logged in, I had a few of my own items still missing from the debacle pop up on my cursor.

Makes me wonder what would have happened to his swords and armor if I tried to eat them while they were in sandwich mode!

TLDR: I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, but one time something weird happened to items during a transfer.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

i heard there was a bug early on in the server that allowed you to transfer no drop items to other players by putting the item on a charmed pet, killing pet, and looting. never confirmed though by me, and certainly not still working today if it ever did.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I had a similar response when I asked what the best camps were for Velious loot and if people could list them on the forums.

I thought we were all here to exchange ideas and share [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I duped a bunch of sandwiches once during a transfer that went horribly wrong... I remember getting an angry red invalid slot # or item # (or something) message when I received the items, and then the guy's gear actually started turning into other items from my inventory when I traded them back to his alt!

On his screen, it looked like I was just pocketing his gear and giving him sandwiches and steaks and vegetables and stuff in return. Stunned at the accusation, I asked him to trade them back to me, and sure enough, I ended up with duped stacks of sandwiches and steaks!

After much confusion and attempts to recover the lost items, I relogged. Upon my return, all of his gear was back on the cursor slot and I was able to complete the transfer.

In the end, I think it just *appeared* that items were duped, when in fact I think the icon/item number was being displayed incorrectly in the client for some reason, although I actually *was* trading him back his gear.

The next couple times I logged in, I had a few of my own items still missing from the debacle pop up on my cursor.

Makes me wonder what would have happened to his swords and armor if I tried to eat them while they were in sandwich mode!

TLDR: I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, but one time something weird happened to items during a transfer.

Greengrocer entrusted with the power supreme to turn peoples' dragon loot into sandwiches- the best and worst thing that could possibly happen to this game

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's probably like that commercial where anything the dude touches turns to skittles.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread