Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woh woh woh. Hold up now. How are you at 180 CHA at 24? What you got equipped, man? A Crude Stein for certain. What else?
Besides the stein, I'm a high elf with max points in charisma, using sympathetic aura, with the silver cat eye neck, two gold cat eye bracelets, the +5 cha tunic from the vendor in Qeynos, and two opalline earrings from spending a couple levels at Unrest fireplace.

I think I understand the pet guard discussion. When the pet gets to 10%, you can either just cast invis while it's still fighting - in which case guard isn't needed - or you can pull the pet back a little and tell it to guard, so it doesn't keep getting hit while you cast.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

The pet guard is for when you are breaking with a pet not in combat. The point is to get the pet to stand still while you back off...otherwise it follows you.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cd288.. red OP orginal post. He talks about how he cast invis to break his charm (Aka killing a really Low hp Charmed pet for its xp, b4 charming another.) So it does. By pet guarding it then running a good distance this gives you time to nuke it or root it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or same thing say ur sitting and ur pet is guarding 20 ft from you means more time when it breaks, to stand and not take auto max hits[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Much more often, I'll end up around half health. Sometimes this is because of a random charm break. Mostly it's because, after casting invisibility to intentionally break the charm, the mob gets in a few hits before I can root, mez or kill it."
Except doing that defeats the point of charm killing. The whole point of charm killing is to ensure you get 100% exp from both mobs. So you should be using invis to break charm BEFORE the non-charmed mob is killed, not after. If you break charm with invis before the non-charmed mob is killed, the mob you had charmed before will just be where it was fighting the other mob. Pet guard isn't needed unless for some inexplicable reason you want your charmed pet to kill the other mob and take 50% exp before you break charm and kill the pet.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except doing that defeats the point of charm killing. The whole point of charm killing is to ensure you get 100% exp from both mobs. So you should be using invis to break charm BEFORE the non-charmed mob is killed, not after. If you break charm with invis before the non-charmed mob is killed, the mob you had charmed before will just be where it was fighting the other mob. Pet guard isn't needed unless for some inexplicable reason you want your charmed pet to kill the other mob and take 50% exp before you break charm and kill the pet.
its okay to let the pet do some kills. if youre gonna burn more time / mana / hp fluffing around trying to break pet just so you can nuke your target then re charm... in SOME situations you could probably just kill 2 mobs, work on 3rd, get pet low. break charm kill pet kill 3rd.

obviously this is situation dependent and it comes down to your judgement and the environment that youre killing in.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

question: charm mob > send at another mob > at target low hp, back off pet and memblur target, then nuke = will this grant 100% exp?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
question: charm mob > send at another mob > at target low hp, back off pet and memblur target, then nuke = will this grant 100% exp?
Yea it can work, if blur sticks. I tried it for a while. Losing half exp every now and again was driving me mad.

You also monitor your pet hp. I spam /pet health so that I can use my chanter tools to keep both mobs at similar hp totals. I think that ideally when you charm, all mobs are about the same level.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

blur always sticks. if you cast lvl4 mez. from behind. out of agro range.

so the supreme strat should be:
1. send charmed pet in
2. position self in rear arc of target, at close to max casting range. wait for low hp
3. start casting lvl4 mez, while spamming the petbackoff
4. nuke and win

lvl4 mez (and possibly any mez; i dont know, i dont use other ones) is 100% memblur which can be confirmed by con, or by seeing the mob engage text. since your pet will be in front arc of the target, as soon as mez lands, target will re-agro as if never engaged, onto your pet... but its mezzed. so a lowlevel nuke should yield full exp to you, since the target doesnt know who did the 99% of the dmg, and it doesnt know why its at 25hp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think mez works the way you think unless they changed something. I distinctly remember having to cast it multiple times to memblur and heal up pets I wanted to keep back in the day.
Last edited by Widan; 11-12-2019 at 08:54 AM..
Old 11-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Orc

One thing I didn't see mentioned yet is that some stuff charms easily and stays charmed, while other things are very difficult to charm. Also, after reading the brilliant guide on the wiki, I practiced charming on light blues & greens until I found the most efficient way to solo without taking a hit, as well as the best charm break rotation for me. And at least on blue, I pretty much ignored Cha and expected stuff to break, honestly it made it exciting.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think mez works the way you think unless they changed something. I distinctly remember having to cast it multiple times to memblur and heal up pets I wanted to keep back in the day.
from behind at max range? thats the key
Closed Thread