Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
75 is reasonable. That's roughly going price these days. Can't imagine selling one myself, though. It's basically the only item in game right now whose price will go up with Kunark -- and it will skyrocket. And it will continue to skyrocket for the rest of this server's duration. No matter how many new people join the server, the number of manastones remains fixed. And as mana pools grow, it becomes more and more valuable. All it takes to manastone to full in Kunark is a bind and a port. It's the one item that can change the entire gameplay dynamics.

But like I said, 75k is going price these days. I'm sure he'll find one for that. People typically need money sooner than later, so they cut and run from investments.
until the next dup bug hits.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inflation gives you the illusion that you're richer today than the day before *shrugs*
Most people don't understand the ramifications of inflation in the real world so it's unlikely it's going to be understood by most in EQ either.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Orc

I guess 1 is never enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<3 ya Daima

-Opti
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

It's not inflation -- it's the fact that the server population is bound to double with Kunark, but the number of Manastones remain the same. It's also the fact that every other item from classic reduces in value, whereas the Manastone increases. Inflation plays a role in the price, but the value isn't equivalent. Adjusted for inflation, the manastone's raw value today is far less than what it will be in the future. But most people don't want to wait.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Kobold

If you cant use it in Kunark how does its value increase? The whole bind/port thing is a pita. I remember the bottom dropping out of them right as Kunark launched on live. Why would things be all that different here?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not inflation -- it's the fact that the server population is bound to double with Kunark, but the number of Manastones remain the same. It's also the fact that every other item from classic reduces in value, whereas the Manastone increases. Inflation plays a role in the price, but the value isn't equivalent. Adjusted for inflation, the manastone's raw value today is far less than what it will be in the future. But most people don't want to wait.
the manastone will decrease in price significantly. every class but wizards/druids will likely sell theirs and most likely all at once (just before/after kunark).

EDIT: much the same happened with rubi BPs. the item itself became more of a status symbol than an actually useful item
Last edited by Skope; 09-06-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

was running thru nek the other day and saw a CoF offered for 810K...i did a spit take
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

Actually there is a ton of manastones sitting on inactive accounts from people who got bored and left. When Kunark comes out they'll be back and flooding the market for awhile.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Why do humans think they can predict the future?

Manastones are not comparable to rubicite breastplates. There are not multiple upgrades for manastone in Kunark.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do humans think they can predict the future?

Manastones are not comparable to rubicite breastplates. There are not multiple upgrades for manastone in Kunark.
Can make a lot of money if you can predict what will happen in the future correctly 51% of the time.

I can't obviously predict correctly, but I'm willing to bet that manastones will drop in a way obviously related to kunark by 10 or more k.

And we both know you won't take me up on that.
Closed Thread