Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default some noob questions 

lol sorry, i live in China but had my font all screwed up coz of a program i use, (so if you do not have specific font installed it will be strange) it should look like this,

I have some questions, I am new, only a lv 29 chanter and forget a lot of things about classic.

1. Do buffs actually matter on pets? I play a chanter and my friend plays a nec. I have buffed her pet with str buffs but i have noticed no differences in dmg, same with atk speed, it did not seem the pet was doing more dmg or atk'n faster.

2. why are my dots (as a chanter) not stacking with nec dots? I often get the msg "this spell will not take hold" when i cast my dots on the same target.

3. I noticed that when going LD, the avatar will run to any mob that it has aggro on, no matter how far away and start melee'n the mobs, my nec friend has died to this several times while going LD on pulls, I never remember that happening on live.

thanks
Last edited by Padathir; 09-27-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

What in the fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

I can only answer the question about your DoT's not stacking with a friend's.

Assuming for the moment that you're playing a shaman and your friend is a necromancer, both of you get DoT spells but they belong to individual families. Shaman get Disease and Poison based DoT's. Necromancers do as well, plus other lines that include heat, health drain, etc.

If a target has a poison & disease Dot on it, and you go to put both of yours on, it will check to see which if the spells is superior to the other. Only the best of a current DoT family line will run, even if they are different levels / spell names.

Edit - attack haste, groundspeed movement, and damage shields are worth putting on pets. I think strength / stamina / dex / agility do a whole lot of nothing for them.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

II29I1.D?II2,W?I3.LD

WTF does that mean? (perplexed Peatree)
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Banned

hlo pls respond
Old 09-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

lol sorry, i live in China but had my font all screwed up coz of a program i use, (so if you do not have specific font installed it will be strange) it should look like this,

I have some questions, I am new, only a lv 29 chanter and forget a lot of things about classic.

1. Do buffs actually matter on pets? I play a chanter and my friend plays a nec. I have buffed her pet with str buffs but i have noticed no differences in dmg, same with atk speed, it did not seem the pet was doing more dmg or atk'n faster.

2. why are my dots (as a chanter) not stacking with nec dots? I often get the msg "this spell will not take hold" when i cast my dots on the same target.

3. I noticed that when going LD, the avatar will run to any mob that it has aggro on, no matter how far away and start melee'n the mobs, my nec friend has died to this several times while going LD on pulls, I never remember that happening on live.

thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

1) I thought buffs on pets did matter.. not sure about str uffs and the sort
2) see negastoat
3) I cant recall that happening on live or here...

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 09-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I thought buffs on pets did matter.. not sure about str uffs and the sort
2) see negastoat
3) I cant recall that happening on live or here...
1) i cast a str buff on the pet and there was NO difference in dmg at all. I tried as well on my ench pet.

2) I was casting enchanters "choke" spell which is magic resist based and it will not hold on one of the nec spells, which none are Magic based. ( at that lv at least, think only fire, dis and pois)

3. I can def confirm this, she went ld just 3 days ago, and went to melee a mob then ran i dunno another 30 or 40 feet in game to a mob i had mez'd and started whacking on it, while in the LD state.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padathir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) i cast a str buff on the pet and there was NO difference in dmg at all. I tried as well on my ench pet.

2) I was casting enchanters "choke" spell which is magic resist based and it will not hold on one of the nec spells, which none are Magic based. ( at that lv at least, think only fire, dis and pois)

3. I can def confirm this, she went ld just 3 days ago, and went to melee a mob then ran i dunno another 30 or 40 feet in game to a mob i had mez'd and started whacking on it, while in the LD state.
2 - If your necro friend was using "Siphon Strength" that might be why you cannot land choke as both spells act as a strength debuff on the mob.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

shall i respond to your questions in this font as  well?

^ full-width alphanumeric. If you don't have Asian fonts installed, you probably won't see it as it is?
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Closed Thread