Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default Spectres

I've never leveled on specs before, but my wizard is currently soloing to 39 to be a port whore. Right now he's going after the gnolls outside Infected Paw, but in case they hit light blue before 39 or they're too crowded, I was thinking of hitting up spectres. I have a few questions about them, though.

First, what level range are they?

Second, do they have any special abilities that I should be worried about if I'm not meleeing them?

Third, where are they apart from the Feerrott and Oasis?

And finally, how crowded are they, particularly now that Kunark is out?

Any input would be appreciated - thanks. By the way, my current method of killing is single nuke kiting; I don't have JBoots or SoW potions. If I happen to get a SoW from someone I'll quad kite, though this is not always possible on every dark blue because my int is only around 150.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

There are 4 in Ocean of Tears.
They are almost made for quad-kiting.
No idea on how camped they are anymore since there are other options now in Kunark.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Kobold

On my druid I would either root-rot singles or quad kite the ones in Feerrott. There's 6 static spawns and a roamer. Each one has a number (the roamer is Spec 6 iirc) and they're numbered 1-7.

If you go to Feerrott ask for a Spec Check and people will usually OOC what number(s) they're camping, I'm sure if you ask which ones are which they can explain in detail.

The abilities they have are this -

Melee - Spectre Stun. It's just a stun, doesn't last but a second (long enough to stop your cast).

Spell/Ability - Lifetap type of spell, hits you for 38ish iirc and heals them for that amount. I've never seen it resisted.

To quad them at 39 is kinda tough. I was able to do it at lvl 40 with Clarity. EQZAM says they're 34 - 37 (click here for more info).

The XP is hard to beat and even now with Kunark they seem regularly camped. There's only 7 in Feerrott and most people can handle 2-4 so it only takes a couple of people. But if you find an opening, milk it all day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Orc

I'm a druid and when I was at your level I was duoing specs with a wizard. We actually did this up until our late 40's. It was some of the best and consistent experience I ever received. We mainly did the four in OOT and with us duoing there was literally no down time with the 6 min spawn.

It also made it easy to go and sell also. We were both bound right at the island and we would just port somewhere and sell and then gate back without having to worry about someone moving into the camp.

Great experience and great money. It was also pretty good money doing ports out of OOT at the time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorpa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also made it easy to go and sell also. We were both bound right at the island and we would just port somewhere and sell and then gate back without having to worry about someone moving into the camp.
Or, you can just quad kite in the direction of Sister Isle (above the water), and by the time you're done, you can be at the vendor, sell, and gate back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a lot easier to loot corpses in water thanks to a Haynar fix a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread