Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ pvp is fine. The only major problem is some balancing. Stuff that Gustoo has already talked about. Such as the problem of a team server start with guk.

Its just an old server. Server can't last forever. There may just be a thing with mmorpgs where they need to be reset. Even if infinite better expansions could be released, a server will get boring.

A new red, the same way it is, copy and pasted will still be fun because its new. It would be like playing blue forever. I'll play 5 more green servers if p99 is around that long.
I'd happily play blue forever. For what it's worth.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd happily play blue forever. For what it's worth.
I could if it was the only EQ classic server.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

They made great EQ PvP, its called World of Warcraft
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-01-2021, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Wows two team system is garbage. Once one team is more dominant its over. (Unsure of these days.) That's why a 3 team system is required. However, 3 teams on classic pvp doesn't work well in the beginning because there needs to be more high end zones spread out over a larger space. But this game was basically the first mmorpg, thus less complex spaces.

I think two teams could work on Red because the only people are playing are a small community, so the rules may be different for a new red.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:01 PM
Banned

TLP is PvP... the only way PvP can be fun in EQ... where you fight other players over content... this was part of what made EQ so amazing... and it’s been completely removed on P99.... it feels so good to have groups who are completely on board with training groups who intentionally steal your rares. Or having a wizard Invis up in someone else’s camp to snipe their rare. As a Cleric I’ve had to load my nuke several times to help my group stand their ground and I love it...

This feels more PvP oriented than WoW
Old 06-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

I wish I could think of a better example of, "Just because everyone does _____, does it mean _____ is awesome." But all I can think of is McDonalds, not a perfect example.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLP is PvP... the only way PvP can be fun in EQ... where you fight other players over content... this was part of what made EQ so amazing... and it’s been completely removed on P99.... it feels so good to have groups who are completely on board with training groups who intentionally steal your rares. Or having a wizard Invis up in someone else’s camp to snipe their rare. As a Cleric I’ve had to load my nuke several times to help my group stand their ground and I love it...

This feels more PvP oriented than WoW
literal pack warfare, primal hunter gather adventurers roaming and stealing from each ohter like wolfes.
Fire Giant

In response to Wow pvp.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Kobold

ok
Old 06-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Orc

play DAOC
Closed Thread