Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

as the girlfriend of a jew i am also offended by the guildname "Holocaust"
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Kobold

As a German who is proud of my heritage, I find the fact that you are bitching about this incredibly offensive. I'm also Jewish, Cherokee, Black Foot(indian tribe), and English. I wouldn't care if there was a guild called <Engine> or <Kraut>. Get over yourself. I could have a guild called <Negro> if I wanted. It means black in Spanish. Why are you so butt hurt over a word anyway? It's not like you were in THE Holocaust. Quite frankly what you're getting mad at is like a black person getting mad over <Slave>. It makes no sense and you're making a fool of yourself. From one Jew to another, go burn in hell kike.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as the girlfriend of a jew i am also offended by the guildname "Holocaust"
show knees

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

GMs--this thread is addressed to you. I'm looking forward to hearing your reply. Everyone else, good luck trying to get a rise out of me.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Alternate definitions of words only become archaic when people naturally stop using them. Clearly this isn't the case here - the guild "Holocaust" is a group of people using the word Holocaust to refer to something other than the genocide of 6 million jews. Until the only interpretation of the word that people have is the latter one, it's unfair for one group to have exclusivity over the word's definition. That's just not how the English language works; you can add to the definition of a word but you can't take away old ones.

Also, even if it were offensive, this is a pvp server so you can just kill anyone wearing the guild tag (it's not hard considering most holocaust members are painfully incompetent at this game).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

I expect this to end up on MSNBC and draw national attention!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stuff
Grow up. "Holocaust" requires a qualifier, which is pretty much what Nilbog said. I don't see "Jewish" sitting in front of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs--this thread is addressed to you. I'm looking forward to hearing your reply. Everyone else, good luck trying to get a rise out of me.
You already got a response from nilbog. He said go earn you some history, you dont have the monopoly on being offended by holocaust because you may or may not be a jew.

My personal message to you, is that you're way too eager to be a victim. Put on your big boy pants, because there are more important things in the world than words in a video game.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The word holocaust means:

If it was <The Holocaust>, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Why do you think their name refers to Jews?
nilbog, please
Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

i do see the point of OPs post. americans might not be offended by that name but jews in general and especialy european ones can in fact be offended by the guildname holocaust.

this server is played by people from all over the world and not only from the united states of america.
Closed Thread