Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need three things to be successful in my opinion in your work.

1) Drive. Nothing else matters if you don't have this. If you're content making 40-80k a year, or even content just making 120k a year, you'll never become truly wealthy. You need to show up to work or do whatever it is you do each day with the desire to become the best person at it, and to figure out your next five steps in the future. Always be thinking about your next promotion, next opportunity, etc. Basically do the opposite of 99% of the population of Red99 who is content being cucked for officers to get loot for their alts. Many people I meet on a daily basis are more than content clocking in and out and paying their bills. These people will never become truly wealthy.

2) Hard Work. Pretty self explanatory, but unless you're about to bet it all on red, or created EQ Browser, you're going to have to put in a shit ton of work on a daily basis if you want to become truly successful. You aren't going to amount to shit if your work schedule is 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.

3. Master your craft. I am a strong believer in the 10,000 hour rule for becoming an expert at whatever it is you do [with the exception of EQ PvP where this rule didn't work for me]. If you want to be the best and command the most money, you need to know your industry better than anyone else. You need to live and breathe it day in and day out. You have to be willing to learn about it on the weekends, after work hours, etc.

Also being a sociopath helps.
This is all very solid advice. You really need all of these traits to succeed on your own. I'd also add having the ability to be a decision maker - which in turn allows you to set goals other than "I want to be rich". I've met a lot of people with the drive, ambition, and work ethic to really excel at something, but they lack the ability to decide how/where to focus their energy or shy away from making hard decisions because the results might not always be in their favor. There's lots of wasted potential out there.

There's other things that help build financial success like developing multiple income streams (key), knowing how to save, knowing how to strategically invest (I'm not the most savvy, but I'm in a position I can pay someone that is), paying taxes properly, putting your money/assets/talent in the right place (I don't try to lease properties in Gary, Indiana as Denver's a much healthier market), etc...but without the core traits these ends are hard to achieve. Personally, I don't get into anything I'm not passionate about either, and that also helps a lot.

And, yes, being a least a mild sociopath helps, because people will always try to guilt/sob story you into bad situations.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

What i dont get is

Why someone who follows the aforementioned traits of millionaire jetsetter life spends so much time posting with druggies and degenerates on elf sim forums
Old 03-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

03/17/2017 (Short Term) Executed Buy 4,523 6.55 29,625.65 31,683.62 2,057.97 6.95

feels goog
Old 03-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Some of us post out of oure passion for the game we love selflessly.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What i dont get is

Why someone who follows the aforementioned traits of millionaire jetsetter life spends so much time posting with druggies and degenerates on elf sim forums
I dunno why does Marc Cuban post on twitter? Why does warren buffet go on CNBC? People like to kibbutz a bit when they're on a boring phone call, traveling, etc.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

Just yankin' your chain esse

I do enjoy your posts - Lord knows this place benefits from some posters being normal
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 AM
Banned

real question is why in the world would anyone consider arguing with a jew
Closed Thread