Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Aviak

Smile anyone from the UK/england to help me out?

Hi guys,

used to play everquest as a kid on my grandads account, all the way upto planes of power but then stopped playing as teenage years kicked in..

loved everquest back then,

now i have my own family and live away from were i grew up so me and my grandad set up eq again...didnt take long to get to level 105 and its put me off somewhat...mercs...not for me.

so we are leaning towards the project 1999, ive been looking for weeks for somewhere to download a copy from but as you all well know its from untrusted websites and im just not comfortable with that.

i do believe you dont need a license key so i was just wondering is there anyone who would send me the copy of everquest titanium? i would pay you for your troubles, would make life alot easier for me having the copy on cd, as not living in a different town from my grandad i would have to send it him and give him instructions through video chat.

really not enjoying the current everquest were playing...everythings too dam easy been saying for past year ''its not like how it used to be''....

i find myself going on trips to my home town from back in the day (kaladim) empty zone as always, i run to zones like unrest...freeport, mistmoor, ec, Oceon of tears, i miss all them zones and every time i go they are empty. BRING ON PROJECT 1999 for me is what i say!!!!!

really appreciate any help anyone can offer. thanks guys
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Orc

Still, just download it.....

I used Opera in Turbo mode (routes through Norwegian servers) to bypass the UK torrent site block and downloaded the P99 Red edition of Titanium which you will find on every single of the most common torrent sites. I have all the original expansions up til PoP on CD in my parents attic so dont feel I'm violating any copyright by doing so. I recommend you do the same and hand your granddad the download on a usb stick.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Could also just look for it on Amazon or EBay ^^ Then you know you are 100% legit ^^
Old 03-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Aviak

ebay.co.uk theres non for sale, only from ebay.com. ive messaged people on there to ask if they would consider sending it to the uk if i bought it but they all refused [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

same deal with amazon too, i can buy anything from amazon.com only amazon.co.uk

im just not comfortable downloading it from the pirates at sea because alot of reviews are reporting virus's and trojans.

ill figure something out, and i appreciate the replies thanks both of you
Old 03-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

We'll poo, that sucks :/ I've bought things from Europe through Amazone before, but I do remember it being a hassle. It is available on US Amazon. Have you tried making an account there? That worked in reverse for me purchasing items from German, Austrian & UK Amazon.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Aviak

it lets me log into my account on the US amazon, but theres no setup to sending it over to the uk, the postal charges stay the same which cant be right, there not going to send it over to the UK for same price they would deliver in the US for,

Plus theres things like import tax that you have to pay too which isnt added. i dont think its set up to work,

on a good note though, had a message with some help towards getting this software so im 1 step closer to kicking butt in kaladim lol! woo excited.

thanks for the help you all
Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM
VIP / Contributor

i dont know if this will work in the UK, but

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=135528
Old 03-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

I have ordered things from Amazon.com to the UK and only ever had an issue with the third party sellers who don't want to deal with import/export complications. That and every copy of Ender's Game I ever tried to buy, but there's a story for another time...

You can keep checking eBay and Amazon, since someone will surely have a copy for sale before long.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Hi zade,

those websites are actually banned in the UK, BUT i can access them by other means,

my only problem is once on the website, the reviews say things like... virus found...trojan found. not the words you want to hear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks though bud.

ive had a private message anyway with other means of accessing this software so im hoping that will get my butt back at chessboard in butcherblock, unrest, mistmoor, crushbone, seling in EC tunnel....maybe kiting the guards in butcherblock mountains with a druid, that was always fun hahaha. taking the boat to freeport. god i miss this game new EQ stinks
Old 03-03-2015, 10:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

Excellent! Sorry I am unfamiliar with the UK ways. You need a Swishpal in here to guide you. I will summon him!