Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you know how to do it right.

Charm a pet and use it to pull and tank 4-6 mobs. Root every mob it’s fighting on top of each other. When pet gets low, break charm and finish it off. Then charm a rooted mob and it’ll quickly get wasted by the pack of mobs surrounding it. Break charm before it dies and finish it off too.

Rinse and repeat until the pack is gone.
he gave away the trade secret but yeah this is correct. If you have a 3minute root , you should be doing this.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

What’s amaze balls is when you get that perfect pack of 4 all down below 5% at the same time and quickly open that book and mem gflux in the first spot and do your best Mortal Kombat voice and FINISH THEM!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he gave away the trade secret but yeah this is correct. If you have a 3minute root , you should be doing this.
So what do you do when root breaks early and now a mob is parked away from the pack? I’ve been too hesitant to have those pack fights intentionally.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Mez it and then it’s your next pet
Old 06-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Or if you are above 80m just fear it so it will pull more mobs for you to wreck, enchanters are gangsters.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:05 PM
Large Bat

Alright well I’m 54 so I have C2 and PE. Guess it’s time to start playing with my big boy pants on.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

I started going nuts like this around lvl 39 in kaesora with only Enstill you will have so much fun lol just keep a WC cap or CT gate pot or whatever handy if shit really hits the fan.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Others beat me to it, but yeah, the scenario 1 vs 2 thing is a false dichotomy. The real xp by the time you could solo com is in reverse charming 3-5 mobs at once.

If you don't do that for some reason, you still have to consider time spent not killing when using a buffed pet due to: splitting rooms that aren't already split, letting pet heal for 90 seconds every 4-5 fights, pet being more dangerous to you on a charm break, etc. You also seem to be using a more expensive nuke than is sometimes necessary to finish off a mob, inflating the mana needs of scenario 1.

There's an hour-long CoM video in my collection, if anyone wants to see charming solo enchanter in action in there.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-24-2019 at 08:43 PM..
Old 06-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamesh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what do you do when root breaks early and now a mob is parked away from the pack? I’ve been too hesitant to have those pack fights intentionally.
Watch my videos. Hs north vids have lots of examples of groups getting split up and me still killing everything off.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:07 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others beat me to it, but yeah, the scenario 1 vs 2 thing is a false dichotomy. The real xp by the time you could solo com is in reverse charming 3-5 mobs at once.

If you don't do that for some reason, you still have to consider time spent not killing when using a buffed pet due to: splitting rooms that aren't already split, letting pet heal for 90 seconds every 4-5 fights, pet being more dangerous to you on a charm break, etc. You also seem to be using a more expensive nuke than is sometimes necessary to finish off a mob, inflating the mana needs of scenario 1.

There's an hour-long CoM video in my collection, if anyone wants to see charming solo enchanter in action in there.
I’ll check videos. Thanks. The nuke I used is Anarchy, which does about 4% mob health on 2nd floor CoM. Letting health get lower than that seems like you risk your mob getting killed by pet.

I’m eager to try out the pack killing method now though.
Closed Thread