Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor
Question Seeking advice with blacksmithing on an Ogre Warrior

After an absence of four years or so, I decided to start playing again. Rather spend forever in CoM again trying to exp, I have decided to up my blacksmithing for some rad ogre cultural armor. I never really bothered tradeskilling before, even on live.

Getting to 175 off of banded wasn't too bad, but now I believe I am at a choke-point. Fine Plate and Ornate Chain both seem to have issues for ogres, either due to faction or availability. Am I missing an easier path to go for this? Any advice would be much appreciated.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 06-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Orc

You can buy the MQ ore to make sheets in Rathe Mountains which isn't too far from Oggok. However, to buy the molds you're gonna have to raise your FP faction. Better get to HH and start slaying Orcs and Gnolls. FWIW, I found that path to me much easier than the Ornate Chain. Too much farming.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Orcs and Gnolls give faction for those vendors? Are you talking about the ones in East Freeport (Ikthar's) or the one in North Freeport (Groflah's)?

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the idea of doing ornate chain. Only place I could think of for it was Permafrost, and that's a long walk for a fatty.

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

Old 06-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

I love watchin ogres runnin thru the karanas please contribute to that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Orc

1. Kill orcs & save scalps
2. Once guards con dubious turn scalps in to Cpt. Ashlan. Each turn-in gives + Freeport faction
3. Keep repeating until FP guards turn Dubious

There's also a quest that runs between EFP and WFP that you can repeat to raise CoalitionofTradefolkIll faction that the FP merchants are on.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

I'm already apprehensive with the Freeport Guards, and can even bank in North Freeport. Generally, most things aren't KoS to me in Freeport, other than Priests of Marr, Academy of Arcane Science, and a few select others. CoTF Illegal is apprehensive to me. Rest of the vendors are dubious though, and I haven't figured out how to raise that.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Raising Coalition of Tradefolk is very easy, you just gotta fill your bags with brandy and head to Qeynos

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rohand%27s_Brandy
Old 06-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

The other method of being able to use vendors and the bank in freeport are the time honored Janam and Rebby note passing quests.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Alright. I may try that out. Thanks friend!

Old 06-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have an ogre warrior blacksmith on red. Current skill is about 175?

I figured I wouldn't bother skilling it any further, or maybe just a little further. The reason is that the cultural temper for ogre armor is far easier/cheaper compared to say the high elf temper. You just need human/elf/dwarf blood. If you're on blue you can find stacks of that on vendors anywhere there is a popular hunting spot for those NPC types. So the cost of failures isn't that bad.

If you've trivialed the highest banded items you're probably good enough to make the ogre cultural. It is probably still cheaper than skilling up on plate anyway.
Closed Thread