Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get the obsession people have with those 2 items. I mean at least the mana stone is useful for awhile but the mask? It's a pure vanity item. The fact that people will be camping those things around the clock does not compute to me.
It's a (not indoor restricted, unlimited charge) shrink item for large races. For small races, it lets them avoid having to jump certain small ledges/steps and allows them to make certain jumps they can't otherwise make.

And Fashion Quest is the true endgame, with DE fashion being top tier. Plus you get to be a DE Monk, DE Ranger, DE Shaman, DE Druid, DE Paladin...
Old 07-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beat me to it.

-Mcoy
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Also, the Guise coolness factor will not even come close to the coolness factor it had the good old times or on this server. On blue99, it is cool because it hasn't been dropping for ages, most ppl who have it stopped playing and if you have one now, you're prolly one of a few active players with Guise.

On other classic server, everyone and their mom camps the mask and everyone and their mom has the mask. Clicking your DE elf mask on green99 will make u as cool as juggling around three pairs of bone chips.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

The ideal troll effort from Rogean would be to have them removed from the game at the very beginning, but make people think they are within the game.

Reading all these green server threads and people's assumptions of this and that might just be in for a rude surprise.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Share your strats, goals, tips, and tricks below!
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 99 is coming. You won't have that precious fungi, no more running to the EC tunnels for buffs or to try to push bones and silk for crucial early cash. What are some early quests, techniques, strategies you do on a fresh EQ server? What are some early goals and gear you try to achieve? What is on your fresh start checklist? Share your strats, goals, tips, and tricks below!
Gasp people will have to /group, instead of soloing all the content in twink gear.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
All valid suggestions.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Green 99 is coming. You won't have that precious fungi, no more running to the EC tunnels for buffs or to try to push bones and silk for crucial early cash. What are some early quests, techniques, strategies you do on a fresh EQ server? What are some early goals and gear you try to achieve? What is on your fresh start checklist? Share your strats, goals, tips, and tricks below!

For me first thing I like to run to quest NPCs who give you a bag, such as

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crush_the_Undead
https://wiki.project1999.com/Skeleton_Killing
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Cigar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Goblin_Beads
https://wiki.project1999.com/Air_Tight_Box_Quest

Until you can get some backpacks of your own
awesome posts. going to get the scoop on all of these bag quests at once on the double
Old 07-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

I like your ambition Thugnuts. Also the level of detail to your plans.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like your ambition Thugnuts. Also the level of detail to your plans.
There is only one thing wrong with Thugnuts's list - twenty years ago, he would have been playing EverQuest when it first came out and would not have had any friends back then either! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread