Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Do you think Aliens exist?
Yes 91 71.09%
No 5 3.91%
Lron is a tranny 55 42.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what I believe at this point, but it is fun for me to speculate about it. I've always been kind of the imaginative daydreamer type that always thinks anything is possible.
No question it's fun to imagine stuff and dream. However, sadly, "anything" really is not possible. Dreaming is just what you do to temporarily unburden yourself from the starkness of reality.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

I've personally (along with about 10 other people at the time) seen the black triangle UFO float slowly right over my head with no sound at all, so something is definitely going on. This could have been government tech though. I don't discount that our government could be literally at least 25 years ahead of what they lead on about and the majority of UFO's seen are actually terrestrial craft. There's no need to show your best hand to the world when they are all so much further behind you.

I do however believe alien civilizations exist and have at least been monitoring us. Some may be mostly benevolent (grays) while others not (reptilians).

Or perhaps some do occasional experiments in the same fashion a wildlife scientist would: tranq, test, tag, and release an animal. Its all about the scale you look at. After all, if they do exist, we are definitely not the top of the food chain anymore.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've personally (along with about 10 other people at the time) seen the black triangle UFO float slowly right over my head with no sound at all, so something is definitely going on. This could have been government tech though. I don't discount that our government could be literally at least 25 years ahead of what they lead on about and the majority of UFO's seen are actually terrestrial craft. There's no need to show your best hand to the world when they are all so much further behind you.

I do however believe alien civilizations exist and have at least been monitoring us. Some may be mostly benevolent (grays) while others not (reptilians).

Or perhaps some do occasional experiments in the same fashion a wildlife scientist would: tranq, test, tag, and release an animal. Its all about the scale you look at. After all, if they do exist, we are definitely not the top of the food chain anymore.
How is it you postulate that an alien civilization has managed to travel the vast distances required to reach us? If they were capable of such technology, the next question would be: why come here? Resources? Doubtful, there would certainly be a million other planets between us and them that they could take advantage of.

As for UFO sightings, I'm more than skeptical. We seem perpetually fascinated with over-fantasizing about anything that breaks the normality of our current existence, which includes religion, aliens, and end-of-world scenarios. It's easier to fantasize about such things than to cope with the reality that we are in fact, for our own sake is concerned, all alone here.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice. netflix?
I own them all on DVD, lol~
Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

Mathmatically proven that you can run a simulation wthin a simulation and that we could be a simulation within a simulation and that the matrix could be real...

relevant XKCD

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Honestly... I've come close with lucid dreaming... taste, smell, touch, sound, vibration... shit most people don't normally get in dreams.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mathmatically proven that you can run a simulation wthin a simulation and that we could be a simulation within a simulation and that the matrix could be real...
Black holes are bad memory sectors in the hardware that runs our simulation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On that note, though, we know we're coming closer and closer to creating lifelike simulations. And at a certain point, it would be near or entirely impossible to distinguish between our actual existence and an ultra-realistic simulation.

With that knowledge, I find it further unlikely that an otherworldly species that was advanced enough to reach Earth would actually care to do so for any sort of research purposes. Surely they'd have the technology available to create and study lifelike simulations of other planets without having to waste the resources and time going there themselves.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Black holes are bad memory sectors in the hardware that runs our simulation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On that note, though, we know we're coming closer and closer to creating lifelike simulations. And at a certain point, it would be near or entirely impossible to distinguish between our actual existence and an ultra-realistic simulation.

With that knowledge, I find it further unlikely that an otherworldly species that was advanced enough to reach Earth would actually care to do so for any sort of research purposes. Surely they'd have the technology available to create and study lifelike simulations of other planets without having to waste the resources and time going there themselves.

Yeah lol... not to mention how does conciousness/perception change when unbound by normal physical reality and only by the bounds of said simulation?

The limitations on our perception/senses are creepy that way.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Though not sure about black holes myself, I'm up in the air on them being anomalous or destructive/entropic to information. I've read some articles/papers that kind of argue otherwise.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah lol... not to mention how does conciousness/perception change when unbound by normal physical reality and only by the bounds of said simulation?

The limitations on our perception/senses are creepy that way.
The theory of special relativity and our limitations on faster-than-light travel is simply a limitation on the hardware we are simulated on. Such as moving a large file from one part of your hard drive to another, there is a limit to the speed in which we can be transferred.

/tinfoilhat
Closed Thread