Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Trust what Bubbles has to say. Kunark bosses aren't hard, sure they were buggy and TR sure took advantage of that fact with Trak.

The only "hard" part of Kunark bosses, is Hosh in VP. Anything else is just time to do it.

Harder now as compared to No Blinding, No correctly working AOE, Melee Damage being too much? The fact Trak was even killed 1 month into Kunark tells you just how hard he is.

Give me 35 good players, and I can give you a dead trak/gore/sev/tal everyday they spawn.
Last edited by Rais; 06-01-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

How few people do we have to kill stuff with before people quit with that nonsense?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Think the argument they were making is, just because people throw numbers at a dragon, doesn't mean shit. You can throw 36 lvl 50 wizards at naggy, I know who will win, and I'll give you a hint, it has a tail.

So there is no nonsense. Stop taking stuff so personally. You're the one who threw out the 60 people nonsense. I can counter, where the 2 guilds really working together?Or were they both rushing to dick over TR and not have the correct force to win. The 2 different guilds the week before trying Trak, were they serious attempts? VD tried with 25 people, just to give it a shot and see what happened.Stop thumping yourself on the chest thinking EQ is this great hard game. Sure it can be a challenge, but the right numbers and people who are awake can beat anything.

I sure in the hell wouldn't be bragging about any trak kills up till now.Killing a Bugged out encounter with messed up melee damage added on, isn't something to hoop and holla about.
Last edited by Rais; 06-01-2011 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: More
Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Not posting idea's, but rather waiting for rogean or nilbog to respond, is wasting your time. Ill explain why...
Rogean:
Handles the CSR team, manages EQEMU, hosts the website and server, does the ip exemptions/reimbursements/lost characters, deals with players on a whole.
Nilbog: main coder/leader of P99, handles all things code...content. thats database, perl, maps etc... the project as a whole.

They, for the most part, do not have the time to waste discussing a new raiding scene...especially when there is nothing wrong with what we have already. That is not to say they are not open to the idea, but the tweaking and the general public agreeance is the ONLY THING THAT WOULD GET THEIR ATTENTION.

We are not opposed to editing and improving rules. But, as they are right now, theres very little reason to change anything. If better ideas become public consensus, then its now something we would consider amongst ourselves.

Keep in mind that we enjoy the competition, and reducing competition to a poopsock time-sink only causes more problems. Its nice to think "well we wont need gm's if we do this..." but this isnt a fairytale. Every change in a rule will either increase work for us or decrease it. We have FTE Varience because it takes us almost out of the equation --- 200 people do not sit on a spawn point, its clearly a race and people will see who engage it first 90% of the time, thus leaving very little to us to monitor.

A smaller varience is nice in theory, but it increases the risk of poopsocking, thus increasing the risk of causing US issues.

My favorite idea has been and always will be a completely random spawn. Sunday to Saturday, every mob has a chance to pop only once in that entire week (except draco), if the mob hasnt popped by saturday night it would be forced. Then sunday all timers start again. That will never happen, but i personally like it.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Getting the general playerbase to agree was how the rules have been changed before. The problem is getting input from the GMs/Devs as to what would or wouldn't work. It's fruitless for me to be shooting in the dark if I don't know where the boundaries are.

Randomized spawn is even further from what we have now and doesn't cure the issue but rather exacerbate it.

I noted that the smaller variance, though great in theory, would increase GM involvement, but then so did FTE when it first came out. Over the course of 2-3 weeks things eventually died down. I think the argument that decreasing windows to reasonable levels somehow doesn't address that issue isn't being realistic, as FTE didn't address that issue either, in fact it just made it worse.

How much leeway is there? What is the leeway? My point is there are questions that'd need to be answered before you can even come up with a plausible idea that would suit the GM/Devs before selling it to the playerbase.

As for nothing wrong with what we have... hobby, please. There's plenty wrong with what we have, and no matter what we pick someone's gonna find some faults. My point, and the wall-o-text explanation, was showing exactly what's wrong with what we have. The first decision isn't "let's make something perfect", but rather "let's try to get less wrong this time."

Making the mobs spawn just as they did on live should be the default option, not variance. It's far easier to build around and justify the rules in a classic EQ raiding frame then it is one as heavily controlled as we have now.
Last edited by Skope; 06-01-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

I said it was what i liked personally, not that it would ever be apart of the server.

And creating more work for gm's is what is out..It is easy to change a timer, its easy to change and enforce rules...The thing that will never change is : Mob A spawns, players B~Z kill. We will not make zone-repops happen for every mob, we will not change encounters period.

Mob A spawns, players B~Z kill it.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

Then toss the massive variance and make it classic variance. Problem solved.

From there you can work around having less GM involvement -- if that's even necessary.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

...sigh
Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...sigh
is the same shit you're trying to prevent, albeit half-heartedly (no shit). That suggestion -- which is all it was -- still is more credible than the current solution we have.

I'm not a fool, i understand. There's thousands of players and GMs who don't want to pander or focus around a raiding scene that will just spew venom and bitch, moan and cry whenever something doesn't go their way. They're impossible to please and trying to do so is an endless endeavor and a pointless agenda. But to say that there's no problem isn't true at all. There's definitely a problem.

I'm not here to provide you a golden solution. there is no such thing. But to even consider that there may be a better idea requires that you agree that there's flaws in the current one.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...sigh
my thoughts 15 pages ago.

Kolored on Red.

Closed Thread