Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2022, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Who knows man, they have a lot of people and infinite natural resources. I’d still make them a slight favorite to win

Hopefully they don’t, but I’ve heard “the Iranian regime is falling!” my entire life but these shit holes have ways of holding on so I don’t get my hopes up
Old 10-06-2022, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

with the western military industrial complex creaming their pants over the amount of aid pouring into ukraine, this blows open the conspiracy theory door.

no more afghan war, so they need western gov'ts to keep buying more stuff. Since military aid is never given as new equipment, we send over all our old stuff, requiring the military to buy new stuff.

I'm pretty sure that all our global elite oligarchs do is play a game combined of monopoly and risk.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Having worked for the oil industry for most of the past two decades, I’d be much more worried about Exxon and chevron than Lockheed and Raytheon

I’ve been told to fire someone whose wife got cancer because he didn’t produce for 6 months. It was very hard to not drag said executive behind my tundra on the gravel road at my ranch. I quit instead, fuckers

Never again
Old 10-06-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with the western military industrial complex creaming their pants over the amount of aid pouring into ukraine, this blows open the conspiracy theory door.

no more afghan war, so they need western gov'ts to keep buying more stuff. Since military aid is never given as new equipment, we send over all our old stuff, requiring the military to buy new stuff.

I'm pretty sure that all our global elite oligarchs do is play a game combined of monopoly and risk.
I would say it's not a conspiracy but just exploiting the situation.

It also tests our weapons in real world situations vs actual militaries instead of vs guerilla combatants.

War is big business. It snapped the U.S. out of the Great Depression (and don't let anyone tell you it was the New Deal).
Old 10-06-2022, 11:33 AM
Banned

The New Deal snapped the U.S. out of the Great Depression, I just learned
Old 10-06-2022, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, if only Biden could have made a deal with Opec...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...cut-two-years/
Old 10-06-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha it's not like the greatest world war didn't immediately follow it.

Imagine covid bailouts, and then instead of a small military incursion, we had world war 3 right now?

After all the dust settled, children of the boomers 2 would say the same shit about covid bailouts.

"white men saved the country, then some evil dictator in Europe screwed that all up!"

Without world war 2, the new deal, like the 2008 bailout, would have resulted in civil war 10-15 years later.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's what my history teachers loved saying. Omg the New Deal ended the Great Depression, and here are all the bullshit reasons why. This will all be on the final.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what my history teachers loved saying. Omg the New Deal ended the Great Depression, and here are all the bullshit reasons why. This will all be on the final.
If this was true, our government would be starting "New Deals" instead of "New Wars", like they are now.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this was true, our government would be starting "New Deals" instead of "New Wars", like they are now.
Exactly!

This current proxy war may not be showing profits just yet but if you own some of that defense tech stock you're rubbing your hands right now.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]