Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know it's pretty elitist of you to say such things. Hey if you don't play the game the way I think it should be played hit the road and get out of here.
You know, walking into a club designed for a select demographic and saying "this club is elitist it should cater to everyone!"

Is being kind of an arse you know? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, walking into a club designed for a select demographic and saying "this club is elitist it should cater to everyone!"

Is being kind of an arse you know? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, the thread simply states "Was two servers more fun than one." Silver thinks yes, he preferred Teal over Green, and that's fine. Belaboring the point as to why he should enjoy Green now that it's merged is outside the scope of this thread, and doesn't really accomplish anything. It's a completely subjective question. This was never about which is more "Classic."
Old 02-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Aviak

Default Two was better

I stopped playing after merge. Still check the forums here and there.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know it's pretty elitist of you to say such things. Hey if you don't play the game the way I think it should be played hit the road and get out of here. Why is it such a bad thing to you or anyone else if there was Teal and Green instead of a merged Green? Why is that such a threat to you? Why do you think it is bad that people actually enjoy playing the game on their terms versus your dictatorial viewpoints on how the game should be played?
I’m honestly really confused why you’re here complaining. There’s literally tons of servers where you could play the game the way you seem to want. There are the TLPs, there are other private emulated servers. If playing the game the way you want is so important, then why don’t you play on those? Why play on P99 and then complain about it when you could play on another server that allows you to play the game the way you want?

It’s like liking Coke instead of Pepsi, knowing restaurant A sells Coke and restaurant B sells Pepsi, and going to restaurant B and complaining they don’t have Coke lol
Old 02-07-2020, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe they'll relaunch teal at classic if the server peaks too high again at Kunark?

Maybe they'll launch pvp teams....
Old 02-07-2020, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m honestly really confused why you’re here complaining. There’s literally tons of servers where you could play the game the way you seem to want. There are the TLPs, there are other private emulated servers. If playing the game the way you want is so important, then why don’t you play on those? Why play on P99 and then complain about it when you could play on another server that allows you to play the game the way you want?

It’s like liking Coke instead of Pepsi, knowing restaurant A sells Coke and restaurant B sells Pepsi, and going to restaurant B and complaining they don’t have Coke lol
I don't think you're 'honestly' anything. There was a server that allowed us to play the way we wanted and it was Teal. It didn't allow boxing and it had a reasonable population for a 2020 crowd.

Shouldn't you be lobbying for boxing on p99 green so that it can be even more crowded? Classic servers allowed boxing and routinely had 2k+ population, so there's room to grow right? If you're unhappy about boxing being classic, why don't you go play on another server that allows you to play the game the way you want?

cheers,

Astuce
Old 02-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic servers allowed boxing and routinely had 2k+ population
Boxing was less prevalent because people either didn't have 2 PCs set up in 1999, didn't want to pay $9.89 x2 per month... or both. I think it was only Kunark when I actually noticed anyone boxing at all.

Also at any point where the servers were getting towards 2200-2400 Verant began splitting servers. The main culprit with high pop was always Fennin Ro, which I'm sure they had to split more than once.

Launching new servers helped. But this "routinely 2k+" wasn't something they wanted (whether it was server issues with too many people or gaming quality being affected).
Old 02-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing was less prevalent because people either didn't have 2 PCs set up in 1999, didn't want to pay $9.89 x2 per month... or both. I think it was only Kunark when I actually noticed anyone boxing at all.
Are you saying that even though something was classic, because it was in 1999 and the context was different it shouldn't be reproduced on a classic server in 2020?

It's an interesting point of view.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 02-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

As a casual gamer who started on teal cause we got here late thinking we would have more time in classic on teal. I felt like I had more of a shot at getting at least a DE mask. Now on green no chance. So yeah 2 servers was much more fun. Not to mention none of us were from blue so we did not know about poop sockers on p99 etc
Old 02-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you're 'honestly' anything. There was a server that allowed us to play the way we wanted and it was Teal. It didn't allow boxing and it had a reasonable population for a 2020 crowd.

Shouldn't you be lobbying for boxing on p99 green so that it can be even more crowded? Classic servers allowed boxing and routinely had 2k+ population, so there's room to grow right? If you're unhappy about boxing being classic, why don't you go play on another server that allows you to play the game the way you want?

cheers,

Astuce
Lol what on earth are you even talking about?

I notice you didn’t reply to my earlier post asking you to cite problems post-merge other than inability to easily camp bis (or nearly bis) loot and inability to min/max your exp by only playing in the high ZEM zones.

If you have issues with the merge other than those definitely list them. Are you telling me every zone is too crowded? What are you issues post-merge? I’m waiting.
Closed Thread