Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're proud of this? smh
I wish I had catalogued my old adventures on this box better, just to make u jelly and mad, but I love u, I don't want to do it out of meannesss.

God bless.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

If the devs wanted to do anything to attract back the players who have left, they would have already done it by now.

There is a reason they don't even talk to you about a new red server or a wipe.

Look at it from their perspective.

Why would they rebuild an environment where 10% of the entire P99 population generated over 50% of the petitions?

That toxic mess is someone else's problem now.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all you autists banded together and let the Red population drop to zero for a few months, you may have a chance at getting a new server.

Let Red die and be reborn. Stop playing on Red.
"What is dead may never die" - Game of Thrones

Be happy with what you got. We have RED, take it or leave it.

Saw 111 population on Red last night... more and more players are trickling over.

GMs will make a new PVP when they are goddamn good and ready. (which may be never)

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the devs wanted to do anything to attract back the players who have left, they would have already done it by now.

There is a reason they don't even talk to you about a new red server or a wipe.

Look at it from their perspective.

Why would they rebuild an environment where 10% of the entire P99 population generated over 50% of the petitions?

That toxic mess is someone else's problem now.
The devs here have connections to the devs at the other emus and they aren't shitting on those projects by trying to 1 up them. This is the PvP version of blue/green 99, hence the name red99, and the stuff that goes into making those servers classic, gets rolled back out over here, we even got the no exp updates that green did, oversight or intentional, we are getting patched with the entire project and not left completely in the dust.

It's not like they are completely ignoring the project and we have gotten zero updates. Just not custom pvp content, which I hope we don't ever really get outside of Nilbogs team thoughts. There's been clicky tweeks, fixes, nerfs, etc, some people can't stand that, but they've mostly all been for the general benefit and health of the project and staff. I feel like they are doing a great job. Are they doing what I want? no. I want rallos circa 1999 without Velious content + item loot, no YT, no nothing custom, completely broken and evil classic exactly the way it was. Even if it had only a population of like 3 players.

But this is pretttty durn close.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Love my server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

It's pretty hard (for me) to be angry or disappointed about free EQ in 2020 lol.

This is like... something I never envisaged I would be messing around with into my probably 40's.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If all you autists banded together and let the Red population drop to zero for a few months, you may have a chance at getting a new server.

Let Red die and be reborn. Stop playing on Red.
No
Old 12-24-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like they are completely ignoring the project and we have gotten zero updates.
I'm not saying the devs ignore Red.

I'm saying they are ignoring the "wipe it" crowd and for good reason.

Wiping will just bring back huge headaches and toxic people.

Server is pretty healthy right now.

Zero dev incentive to alter that just for a bigger number
Old 12-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're proud of this? smh
lol not at all but I will say even with three people online in classic it felt more populated than the server does in velious. You pretty much knew where everyone was and the beauty of classic is that it usually is only a three minute run from most places to get to someone unless they are in permafrost.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying the devs ignore Red.

I'm saying they are ignoring the "wipe it" crowd and for good reason.

Wiping will just bring back huge headaches and toxic people.

Server is pretty healthy right now.

Zero dev incentive to alter that just for a bigger number
Ya I agree server is on the right track I haven't seen such stable steady growth in all my time here. Sorry I misunderstood you.

My theory is everyone plays all three servers + 1 or two other games and EMUs and it takes a long time to build a community of those who stick around and come back every year. I wouldn't want to disrupt that.
Closed Thread