Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The competition on this server is fun, and shouldn't be stamped out so that everyone can get a chance at ToV loot molten core style.
Fun for you maybe. What about the folks who don't enjoy the same thing you do? It's no longer a single-server environment. There doesn't have to be only a single set of rules anymore. I don't see a compelling reason why P99 should have two PvE servers that have practically the same rulesets. The time-limited progression server looks like the obvious place to cater to the racers because its a race by its very nature. Blue could evolve into something else.

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

54 days and counting!
Old 02-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun for you maybe. What about the folks who don't enjoy the same thing you do? It's no longer a single-server environment. There doesn't have to be only a single set of rules anymore. I don't see a compelling reason why P99 should have two PvE servers that have practically the same rulesets. The time-limited progression server looks like the obvious place to cater to the racers because its a race by its very nature. Blue could evolve into something else.

Danth
Also to this I will say what I have always said:

There is unlimited amount of servers, whether through EQEmu or EQ Live that provide exactly what you want. There is 1 that provides competition the way it was in classic.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Kobold

But to be fair, the proposal I'm asking for would be a much more classic experience than we have now. And more EQs would still be very competitive, would be a lot of racing. It would just reduce socking, and consolidate the amount of time it takes to raid per month into fewer days. I know that may not be for everybody, but sounds extremely fun to me.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is unlimited amount of servers, whether through EQEmu or EQ Live that provide exactly what you want. There is 1 that provides competition the way it was in classic.
Incorrect. None of those other games or servers offers the quality of re-created 2001 mechanics that P99 offers. If one of 'em did while maintaining a ruleset I liked better, I'd be there and not here. Since such an alternative doesn't exist (Maybe EQC circa 2032, hah!) I'll tolerate the bad along with the good here on P99. There are also two P99 PvE servers now, not 1, so your other point is also outdated. At least with the Velious era we can have a sort of detente--you and those like you can sequester yourselves away in Temple Veeshan where you don't matter and leave the rest of the game open for folks like me. It's acceptable, if not ideal.

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You really might be the dumbest motherfucker on this server, and that's saying a lot.

The "competition" you desire never existed in classic, because classic was never a stagnant, time locked world.

Competition is fun. Competition for every mob 24/7 is not. Chill the fuck out.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Nothing about how raiding is on this server is classic.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2021, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:

You always say there is an infinite supply of EQ severs? What and odd and ignorant statement to always be saying.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]