Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 05:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Me saying "no current member" does not correlate to their ever being a member. Please stop spamming stupidity because you dont understand false equivalencies.
Yes it does.(btw when you write a post you aren't "saying" anything you assclown)
You're the one who qualified your statement with "current" which opens up the question, which non current member is on staff?
And you still have not answered the question.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also detoxx: DAE lets get rid of tracker FTE?
I'm not up on the discussions (or much of anything tbh), but if this is being considered I'd think it would be pretty well supported. I'm surprised to see it presented like it's a dumb idea here, or is it just because of who it's coming from?

Out of curiosity, what are the arguments in favor of keeping the tracker fte rule?
Old 08-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not up on the discussions (or much of anything tbh), but if this is being considered I'd think it would be pretty well supported. I'm surprised to see it presented like it's a dumb idea here, or is it just because of who it's coming from?

Out of curiosity, what are the arguments in favor of keeping the tracker fte rule?
Tracker FTE is an outdated relic of days gone by. However, a GM wouldn't just be able to say "Tracker FTE concedes are no longer a thing" because than suddenly the Meta is camp your entire raid at targets. So then the change would become wordy, and have a bunch of different stipulations, and ends up being a hassle.

Maybe, If you accidentally FTE a mob, where it would have no obvious benefit to your guild to FTE at that time, you may call accidental and wipe it clean. But already we're operating on good faith.. so it's a little complicated.

Tracker FTE concedes are really fuckin dumb though. Imagine losing a mob for your whole guild because you forgot where your toon was camped out at last week.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracker FTE is an outdated relic of days gone by. However, a GM wouldn't just be able to say "Tracker FTE concedes are no longer a thing" because than suddenly the Meta is camp your entire raid at targets.
Wrong. 2 Tracker limit is still in play. You cant camp a raid at a target if theres a 2 tracker limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it does.
You're the one who qualified your statement with "current" which opens up the question, which non current member is on staff?
Also wrong, please look up false equivalencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

100% this and also the only ones who have responded are the only ones who arent affected by any tracker FTE type rule so I dont know why they care. Oh wait, please see bold highlight above.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naethyn you fucking suck at this game and should move to TAKP with the other carebears.
Didn't you join the takp discord the other day?
Old 08-26-2021, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracker FTE is an outdated relic of days gone by. However, a GM wouldn't just be able to say "Tracker FTE concedes are no longer a thing" because than suddenly the Meta is camp your entire raid at targets. So then the change would become wordy, and have a bunch of different stipulations, and ends up being a hassle.

Maybe, If you accidentally FTE a mob, where it would have no obvious benefit to your guild to FTE at that time, you may call accidental and wipe it clean. But already we're operating on good faith.. so it's a little complicated.

Tracker FTE concedes are really fuckin dumb though. Imagine losing a mob for your whole guild because you forgot where your toon was camped out at last week.
You still have rules that say only 2 past the line, and they can not be part of the engage, right? Still no insta coth engages e.g. for twins?

Completely agreed it's a stupid rule with no relevance today, especially with mages in trips. But I think if you keep the rest of the tracker rules you can get rid of this with no issue and probably don't need to wordsmith much else.

Tracker FTE is already horrible on its own. It mostly means your coth mage is dead so you'll be behind. It frequently means you trained other trackers so you may be conceding anyway. No point in further punishing an action that everybody is already desperately trying to avoid. Calling accidental seems reasonable to me.

I'm sure there's a weird specific situation I'm not thinking of now that would challenge this but I dunno, guess that's why I was asking about why people wanted to keep it, I can't think of any good reason a tracker fte could be beneficial to a guild. I guess something stupid like having your tracker DA and running one of the non rooted dragons away so other teams can't engage lol
Old 08-26-2021, 08:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today marked our 20th Statue kill in a row. I wonder what cheats we did to do that? Any idea?

Probability of B occuring 20 time(s) = 0.80^20 = 0.011529215046068

This is assuming you would win 4 out of 5 races actually playing the game instead of running a script.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://tenor.com/view/miracle-wow-gif-11913618
Old 08-26-2021, 08:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Claims of bias from a GM when there are no current Vanquish members on staff having input on raid decisions
Who is the non current member?
Old 08-26-2021, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Me saying "no current member" does not correlate to their ever being a member. Please stop spamming stupidity because you dont understand false equivalencies.
Yes it does.
No, it really doesn't. The way he phrased his statement leaves open the possibility of a non current member being on the staff, it does not mean that there is one. Your interpretation is incorrect. He has now clarified that there aren't any former members on the staff either.

Quote:
Probability of B occuring 20 time(s) = 0.80^20 = 0.011529215046068

This is assuming you would win 4 out of 5 races actually playing the game instead of running a script.
Man are you really this dumb? You are like a little kid looking up stuff on the internet but having no idea how to actually apply it. Why would you use an assumption of winning only 4 out of 5 races? What makes you think that the only way to win more than 80% is by cheating?
Closed Thread