Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2022, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Asian stir fry tonight. Marinated chicken thigh, broccoli, onion, carrot, chili peppers, bok choy and shirataki noodles. Soy sauce and, as always, a shit ton of garlic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 753B7147-4D79-405A-978F-59603F6C0C29.jpg (21.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2022, 08:55 PM
Banned

Looks really nice. Those noodles!

I've been avoiding shitting up this thread. It's not that I don't want to participate or like it. Best thread on the forum right now. I just don't want to shit it up with my cupboard creations!
Old 05-21-2022, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, OP please stop using non-stick pans, they are TERRIBLE for your health.
Source? When I looked that up I found:

Quote:
The bottom line
Teflon is a brand name for a synthetic chemical used to coat cookware. There are concerns that chemicals once used in the manufacturing process of Teflon could potentially increase cancer risk. Those chemicals have not been used in Teflon products since 2013.

Today’s Teflon is considered to be safe cookware. There’s no evidence that it increases the risk of developing cancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asian stir fry tonight. Marinated chicken thigh, broccoli, onion, carrot, chili peppers, bok choy and shirataki noodles. Soy sauce and, as always, a shit ton of garlic.
Looks good. If you want to mix it up sometime, try going to an Asian supermarket and getting Yakitori sauce. It can replace your soy sauce (and you can probably go with less garlic too), and you'll get a flavor that's sweeter, but not as sweet as teriyaki.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:33 AM
Banned

ya non stick is terrribule especially the cheep ones

go a thick solid high quality steel that will last a lifetime or go home

the reason people burn food and ruin pans and need non-stick is because they are bad at cooking and life you can do without ezully

that said your not gonna die that hard all that pfas is in the environment already taking care with a single really good quality non-stick and not overheating it you should be fine... like 20% won't die from smoking cigaretes butt pollution instead fine.

I wouldn't over think it.

You gotta live. And if you are a weakling you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone is stronk enough to master-chef.

I use a nonstick for most eggs, I like to use a steel and poach tho.

also never store acidic foods in metal containers, don't cook skettio sauces in steel use a good ceramic!!! you can just rinse it and let it sun dry (or just wipe with a clean cloth) and u will have a clean flavornated pot forever and ever.
Last edited by starkind; 05-21-2022 at 11:35 AM..
Old 05-21-2022, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya non stick is terrribule especially the cheep ones

go a thick solid high quality steel that will last a lifetime or go home

the reason people burn food and ruin pans and need non-stick is because they are bad at cooking and life you can do without ezully

that said your not gonna die that hard all that pfas is in the environment already taking care with a single really good quality non-stick and not overheating it you should be fine... like 20% won't die from smoking cigaretes butt pollution instead fine.

I wouldn't over think it.

You gotta live. And if you are a weakling you gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone is stronk enough to master-chef.

I use a nonstick for most eggs, I like to use a steel and poach tho.

also never store acidic foods in metal containers, don't cook skettio sauces in steel use a good ceramic!!! you can just rinse it and let it sun dry (or just wipe with a clean cloth) and u will have a clean flavornated pot forever and ever.
Acidic foods are perfectly fine to cook in stainless steel.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-21-2022, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Acidic foods are perfectly fine to cook in stainless steel.
sort of yessss fine ---- fine is a very subjective word

i wouldn't sit there cooking acidic foods in a metal pot like days

i don't even like the flavor acidic foods pick up from cast iron it's not ideal to me

and some foods are super acid like tomato sauces

i mean it certainly wont kill u or be absolutely terrible so yah i agree it's fine totally cool!
Old 05-21-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't even like the flavor acidic foods pick up from cast iron it's not ideal to me
Good for anemics? 🤔
Old 05-21-2022, 12:52 PM
Banned

i eat plenty spinach liver and onions and stuff its gross tho ya

why can't i help being anemic -- even taking iron supplements and drinking blood doesn't really help

fyi Black pudding mmmmm!
Old 05-21-2022, 09:20 PM
Aviak

I use non-stick for most simple dishes, reserving cast iron for range->oven technique or just getting a perfect sear. The wok is carbon steel. Both require proper maintenance, but will last a lifetime.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks good. If you want to mix it up sometime, try going to an Asian supermarket and getting Yakitori sauce. It can replace your soy sauce (and you can probably go with less garlic too), and you'll get a flavor that's sweeter, but not as sweet as teriyaki.
I lived in Japan for 5 years, so I love me some yakitori. First thing I did when I moved to the Netherlands was find my local Asian market.