Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Default Cleric Undead Solo Career 40+

So hag tower has just came to a screeching halt when I hit 40 this weekend. I know specs are solid next, but due to then being camped by every one and their dog, I was looking for perhaps another unconventional spots (old world if able) before I suck it up and head to CoM for hot group action. Here is my ideal scenario for the think-tank:

1. Single pull (or Lull split pull) with a 6-7min spawn timer

Or

2. Double (Lull split) on longer timer (hopefully shorter than 21min spawn timer)

Currently at 40, I only have 273 undead nuke (until 44 when life gets much easier). This means I can drop 7 nukes (1911 dmg if none resisted) and med back what I expended plus a little more in 6 mins. I will not go through the motions for a 21 mins spawn so I don't lose to many readers.

With that in mind, whatcha guys think? I don't mind grouping at all, just play time is too limited to dedicate it to a group. BTW, I am unguilded, so that is why I am asking here.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

The Combine ruins in Dreadlands, right by the port-in area, have several static spawn skeletons you can single pull and root-nuke. 40 might be a bit low, but then again might be a good level for the lowest-level ones. Try it out.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

try all the spec spots?

feerrott and oasis pretty commonly camped, but oot used to be relatively open
Old 03-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Necro guild in qeynos sewers. Long Respawn doe

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Soloing a cleric 24-40 in Unrest is fantastic.

40-50 is horrible though unless extremely twinked.

Spectres at Feerott, Oasis, Oceans of Tears or Qeynos Catacombs work.
Dreadlands the skeletons near spires work, though be sure to find the easy ones. Dark elf necro's can fear kite these with snare neck and undead fear.
Lower Guk somewhere like the two undead on fort overlooking the ritualistic and gargoyles you may be able to break and hold down.

There's probably a safe spot in Kaesora you can snipe a single undead but I bet getting there would be a pain.

Could likely find a spot in City of Mist with a single undead also. Or a duo.

Grouping or paying for bard PL to get through this level range are generally preferable though.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Aviak

Thanks for helpful responses yall. I will swing by Feerot tonight to check it out again. I haven't been to LGuk since I started here, so that may be the way to go. The live frogs are apprehensive to me still, so that should work out fine as well. Being dwarven, the oasis specs are most preferred so I can sell my loot, or Dreadlands with FV near by. Is there a place close to CoM for good races to sell. I can't think of anywhere in EJ off hand. Exp is certainly more important to plat, but as this is my first toon here and no financial backer, a dwarfs gotta make some coin too ;p Thanks again for the tips yall.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the oasis specs are most preferred so I can sell my loot, or Dreadlands with FV near by
There is a neutral Iksar merchant right at the Combine ruins who you can sell to.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Aviak

Etsu, thanks for the tip. I had good luck with the single spec in Feerot last night. Found that if you pull him from the correct angle that he would path funkily and would run away from you before charging. I am able to land 2 nukes and root him before he gets back. He also seemed to not cast once rooted, so unless root broke, I didn't get hit at all. That wasn't 100% of the time, probably 65% or so. I appreciate everyone input as always.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:25 AM
Skeleton

You can easily camp a single spectre in Feerrot, it's a rare thing that ALL of them are camped. They are easy enough to root and nuke, I didn't even bother running away unless getting root resisted 2-3 times in a row (almost never happens if you're 40+). Not much geared at all here and I was able to just root while taking hits.

After lvl44 you can camp 2 at the same time.

Exp may seem slow but trust me, groups at this level range are much slower unless it's an exceptional group in a high ZEM zone. Also I have never seen lvl 44 nuke resisted yet and I'm currently lvl47.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Soloing spectres at 40 is a bit tricky though as a cleric. I personally did CoM to 44 for the new undead nuke then left CoM because of consistent horrible groups and went to Feerrott and solo'd until i hit 50.
Closed Thread