Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Skeleton

Default Money efficient gear for a cleric

Hi Everyone,

I am just starting here, and I have a level 9 dwarf cleric.
I managed to save around 100pp (I actually saved it while leveling a bard, that I don't plan to play), and I would like to know what is a money efficient way to acquire gear?

I have basically nothing at the moment except 2 pieces of bronze a nice person gave me (cloak and shoulders).

My goal would be to group mostly, but I know I will have a lot of soloing to do as I play in off hours.

I checked the item list on the wiki, but I am having trouble figuring out where to start.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

You should be able to buy a full set of banded for 91pp (1pp per AC, generally), but you're better off saving that money for spells and picking up pieces from stuff you kill for the moment. Raw-hide or leather would be a decent upgrade from patchwork or cloth at level 9.

Basically your upgrades (outside of stat gear drops) will look like this: cloth -> patchwork -> studded armor -> raw-hide/leather -> chainmail/iron armor -> ringmail -> banded (crafted) -> fine plate (crafted)

Dwarf clerics can wear Bloodforge Armor so once you can kill Corflunk and Zarchoomi (she's tougher to solo), you can start collecting that if you have nothing better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for your message. I will therefore save some money for now then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

See if anyone is nice enough to give your some Bronze armor for free. Save the money for your spells till higher in lvls.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See if anyone is nice enough to give your some Bronze armor for free. Save the money for your spells till higher in lvls.
Clerics can get away being naked in groups for a long time.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Aviak

I'll check my bank, pretty sure I have left over small bronze as I replaced it. I'll toss it to you if you are online tonight. Even have a 2hb staff with wisdom if you would like it.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll check my bank, pretty sure I have left over small bronze as I replaced it. I'll toss it to you if you are online tonight. Even have a 2hb staff with wisdom if you would like it.
This would be much appreciated.
I play in Indian times though so I'm not sure how easy it will be to meet.

My in game name is Nausica.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Glad I was able to help out with the bronze and 2hb weapon. As stated above, bronze will be sufficient for a very long time. Save all your play for spells as priority. People put a lot of emphasis on the +55hp earrings for the 'best bang for the buck' instead of getting the +6 wisdom earrings. I cannot disagree with their thought process, but I could never afford them and got the wisdom ones very cheap. I was able to solo to 50 without any issues. Sure, I may have died an extra 2 or 3 times without that extra 110hp, but that has more to do with not running away when I should have, opposed to running out of hp, which I suppose is the technical reason we all die.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think the 55hp rings depend on your play style; if you play on the edge they will probably save you a few times.

If you play safe, and rarely have 'ut-oh' moments then they might save you once (arguably even then they would be worth it).
Old 06-11-2015, 01:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad I was able to help out with the bronze and 2hb weapon. As stated above, bronze will be sufficient for a very long time. Save all your play for spells as priority. People put a lot of emphasis on the +55hp earrings for the 'best bang for the buck' instead of getting the +6 wisdom earrings. I cannot disagree with their thought process, but I could never afford them and got the wisdom ones very cheap. I was able to solo to 50 without any issues. Sure, I may have died an extra 2 or 3 times without that extra 110hp, but that has more to do with not running away when I should have, opposed to running out of hp, which I suppose is the technical reason we all die.

Good luck!
Yes thank you so much! It has been very helpful, I can see a clear difference in my survivability [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread