Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Fire Giant

Default Butcherblock Hammer?

I was reading some old Lum the Mad blog posts/entries, and was reminded of this:

http://www.brokentoys.org/?m=199910

And the corresponding Allakhazam page:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=584

Has one ever been given out on P99?

It looks like according to the late 99/early 00s time frame, it should exist without the NO DROP tag (see how the blog mentions how much would people be ebaying it for etc.).
Old 01-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't that a GM event item? Most of those types of items don't exist on P1999 because they wouldn't be able to hand 'em out without complaints of favoritism, etc.

Danth
Old 01-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that a GM event item? Most of those types of items don't exist on P1999 because they wouldn't be able to hand 'em out without complaints of favoritism, etc.

Danth
Not sure about most. Many of the classic item events were actually done, like https://wiki.project1999.com/Da_Oogly_Stick (my favorite).

I couldn't find it, but I would guess someone has a complete list of all the GM rewards from the classic timeline --- sometimes called artifacts.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
But not handing them out at all could be seen as Not classic.... Don't see any reason why could'nt have GM events for them if it was done in classic
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-09-2018, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

heyyyy i remember my uncle talking about some paladin with this hammer and how he was like "un-killable" in pvp (his term lol) back when i was a kid lol . cool thread ..neat to see others heard about this hammer too lol
Old 01-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But not handing them out at all could be seen as Not classic.... Don't see any reason why could'nt have GM events for them if it was done in classic
This would add flavor to the server and is indeed classic.

Sometimes it seems they cling too closely to what was classic and exclude the very classic rare events that included rewarding players with unique items or titles etc.

Stuff like this would also freshen up the staleness that has befallen the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

I'm sure some of these uniques items (Butcherblock Hammer, The Qeynos shield...) are coming as the Halloween 2016 event rewards.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure some of these uniques items (Butcherblock Hammer, The Qeynos shield...) are coming as the Halloween 2016 event rewards.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would add flavor to the server and is indeed classic.

Sometimes it seems they cling too closely to what was classic and exclude the very classic rare events that included rewarding players with unique items or titles etc.

Stuff like this would also freshen up the staleness that has befallen the server.
I'm not saying this wouldn't fun; it would be. I'm not disagreeing with you that it wouldn't be classic; it would be. GMs have done stuff like this in the past, and I'd assume that they will do stuff like this in the future.

If you find the server to be stale though, this isn't going to change it for you. P99 is a static EQ classic server. With the exception of a small number of significant updates p99 is finished with the classic timeline. The only thing that I can actually imagine significantly changing the p99 server community would be the green relaunch, which will happen someday. Arguing for a hammer to fight the staleness though? That's not gonna matter imo.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arguing for a hammer to fight the staleness though? That's not gonna matter imo.
That's true. I would expect if they did this, they'd also do other things though not just add a hammer.

I think the "let it gooooooo" gif above is on point. Expecting drastic changes is just pissing in the wind.

We know the destination, it's been told a hundred times. I guess many are just hoping for the destination to be reached sooner than later. I think that's where frustration comes from.

Then again, anyone unhappy ought to just get off the train. The train is being driven at the speed the conductor wants, and the tracks are not going to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread