Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-05-2022, 01:24 AM
Kobold

Classic everquest didn't have 500 level 60s standing on top of each other on the same server. This server has to make concessions for that. It's funny that you think one guild with 20 sweaties nabbing every spawn and assigning themselves most of the dkp for doing so would be healthy for the server lol
Old 08-05-2022, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Perhaps the merit is cooperation and negotiation skills, not becoming the dragon jealously hiding in dungeons and hoarding treasure?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 08-05-2022, 06:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottom line is that all of you don't want to compete, which is where the fun and magic is, and you just want free shit. You're playing the wrong game / server.
Seems to me like many people like the draft, and just VQ do not. You seem to think that be all and end all of gaming in EQ is killing a target so that other people can't.

Ever considered that VQ are "playing the wrong game / server."

Maybe you shoud permanently transfer to your 'test racing' server that you are so proud of and split yourselves into two guilds and 'compete' there.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Imagine melting down and throwing a tantrum over having to share pixels.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Everyone, just back away very slowly and give OP plenty of space....

We dont know if he is armed and if the Elf Police have to be called on him we dont know if he would raise up arms against them and force their hand to cut him down w their blades in self-defense...
Old 08-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

That's it. I can't take it. I've had enough. This is the last straw. The final stroke. I've been pushed beyond the limit of any man. I'm officially boycotting this shitty game and this god damn server. You'll never see me again. So long. Goodbye. See you never, losers.

unreleated but will it quake today? I can't log in for like another 30 minutes.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Ever consider that if you guys didn't act like such petulant children, the GMs wouldn't be so quick to give your toys to the rest of the server?
Old 08-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Skeleton

Try new diet p99 blue. now with 10% less competition
Old 08-05-2022, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The entire premise for the Draft "week" was to bring some experiences to those guilds who don't compete in an effort to see new content and motivate them to compete.
Maybe start with a more accurate understanding of the intention of the draft.

You claim the game was built to be competitive as though you can understand the "intention" of the designers over 20 years ago, but you can't even understand the intention of something that was born 2 years ago where the discussions are available for you to read.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

It's hilarious to see him crying about no competition when he doesn't address the most obvious reason as to why it's the case. Competition in his mind is all about who gets the FTE and a guild able to tank and spank the boss. P99 competition however is having 4+ targets in a + or - 24h window on a typical raid week, having 20 alts parked on target 1, teams of trackers taking shifts to hit that batphone like working at a McDonald's, sweaty neckbeards at the race line waiting to be the big hero. All the resources online on top of cheating 3rd party software like GINA isn't the reason why casuals can't compete. It's because of the big time variance.

If GM's abolished super draft, but instead reduced the 7 day cycle to a 6 hour window and the 3 days to a 2 hour window, a lot of the mid tier guilds going nowhere atm would bother to show up and try to do these bosses. Sure they would most likely fail early on in getting the FTE or even executing the fight but given enough time there actually would be real competition on the mobs and not about who can take a shit the longest while waiting 15+hours for a pop. I mean some of these clowns are sweaty enough to even sock a quake... then they wonder why the majority can't or won't join their sockfest.