Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-05-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

20years of velious emulator
(LOL)
Old 08-05-2022, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottom line is that all of you don't want to compete, which is where the fun and magic is, and you just want free shit. You're playing the wrong game / server.
Faulty premise undermining the entire argument. Not being guilded with Detoxx and the other socially retarded pixel addicts he attracts is where the magic is.

The bottom line is, if pixels > elfpals. You're playing the wrong game / server.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Default Draft

Unnerf clickies and unroot dragons, only then should Vanq agree to 6 drafts.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe start with a more accurate understanding of the intention of the draft.

You claim the game was built to be competitive as though you can understand the "intention" of the designers over 20 years ago, but you can't even understand the intention of something that was born 2 years ago where the discussions are available for you to read.
Everything about Everquest classic is competitive in nature, from level 1 and onward. From which mobs to kill, to which named camps to farm, which quests to do, and all the way up to which dragons to kill. There is a finite amount of resources and not everyone gets to have every single resource... Not even Vanquish. It's self evident if you play the game at all and indisputable.

I don't condone cheating or any of that nonsense. I like a good clean competition and may the better guild at that particular time and day earn their achievements with the players they have available, the loot is secondary, the emotions during the contest between guilds and of the victory are far sweeter. None of you have any idea what I'm talking about because none of you put in any effort to experience it. The amount of moving parts involved in any given engagement is vast and every single one of those parts has to be on point, making zero mistakes to be successful. The competition is that serious and I have news for you, it's not just Vanquish.

Did you guys see or hear about Riot's last Trak kill? IMPRESSIVE! New tactics will evolve from what occurred.

Fuck Stunningly too, along with anyone else that doesn't play the raid scene for the pure spirit of the competition. I don't know if he did or didn't cheat but the circumstantial evidence is rather damning and he still hasn't bothered to reply directly to my inquiry.

As far as "trains", that's called human error and that's where the fun is, learning from your mistakes and becoming a better player from them. Understanding all the minute details and idiosyncrasies involved in challenging the next guilds' new tactics. This is why Blue leads the way and always will, we're still innovating new tactics and strategies to overcome what the competition has come up with. It's exciting and seemingly unending!

This is all fluff and misdirection based upon your own misguided thoughts about how the "raid scene" operates because none of you actually experience the high's and low's of the competition. Ask Riot how they felt from last summer through this spring getting steam rolled in every conceivable way, then coming back strong for the summer and steam rolling us in a lot of ways. When a group of players is so demoralized, getting beat target after target that they log out in disgust because nothing is going right that particular day..they regroup, temper themselves, collaborate, innovate, re-train, then execute. It's a wonderful human experience.

You are all advocating and dictating the evisceration from current and future players, to amputate that magical human experience because of your own selfish, lazy, "give me free shit" mentalities and it's disgusting. All you have to do is try and you will find success.

Welfare for sure, but more but importantly self-serving while claiming "it's for the community!". If there is no cause to compete and innovate, this project fades away into ignorance and oblivion. Anything that "could have been" is lost, forever.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

BTW, i don't speak for Vanquish, only for myself based upon my experiences over the years.

Some may agree or disagree and that is fine. The difference is I'm not dictating to everyone else how the game will play.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Aviak

You're jumping to conclusions about what you think might happen if competition dies. You don't know, and pretending to only makes you made like this.

I understand a lot of people like competition on this server. That's cool. But again, to claim the game is built up for competition is silly. Its much easier to argue its built for COOPERATION.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

VQ down bad after losing a few cycles
Old 08-05-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire design of the game is competition based. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Brad, Steve, and Bill..along with all of the other dev's from said era.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010302...t/aradune.html

Quote:
(4/11/00)

<Lum> Do you think the new zones are less "campable" then the zones we've seen so far in EQ? (and is "campable" a word?)

<Aradune> More so yes, but we certainly haven't 'fixed' camping per se, and I'm not sure we ever will totally with the current incarnation of EQ. We are using more 'randomized' loot and many dungeons require players to commit to them more so than older dungeons. Also, we're hoping there will simply be less crowding and therefore less competition for camp sites. So, overall, I think things will be a lot better, but people will still camp something they really want

<Lum> We've heard a lot from you guys about something called "The Vision(tm)". Can you go into some detail about this vision thing? Is the Vision really trademarked?

<Aradune> Heh, no, I think a player started adding TM whenever he used the term and it caught on. I thought it was pretty funny so I started using it myself. The Vision(TM) is really, in a nutshell, what we (the EQ teams) always have wanted EQ to be... When we sat down and designed EQ years ago we all had a vision in mind, and it really came together. Basically, we wanted to bring MUDs to the masses, attach graphics to them, and also to recreate that feeling of playing D&D or some such with your friends around the table, but online and in a 3D world.

<Lum> I'm trying to avoid specific "class issues" here but there's one thing I just have to ask, if only because it seeming contrasts with "The Vision(tm)" EQ has done an overall good job of controlling grief players, and has tried to continue refining that with such things as showing what players are looting, the "Play Nice" policy of camp policing, etc. Given that, why do rogues have a pick pocket skill that basically steals money from fellow group members?

<Aradune> Part of the challenge we wanted Rogues to encounter is the trust issue. Rogues, traditionally, are not very nice fellows and don't get along with others, except perhaps other Rogues. EQ, though, is a social game, based on interdependence in many ways. So Rogues by design have more of a challenge grouping as well as with other aspects of the game (faction issues, and such). I guess to me, that question would be akin to asking 'why do so many NPCs hate Trolls?'

<Lum> If you could go back a few years and redesign Everquest from scratch, what changes would you make?

<Aradune> I'd try to positively address some of the following problems: camping, players outleveling their friends, kill stealing, attributes not mattering enough, bottom feeding, assaulting encounters with too many people, trains, downtime, etc. But I won't say how [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

can confirm OP is W-key holding enthusiast
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-05-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Since when did Jutebox and a handful of other "select" players get to decide what happens to everyone on p99 Blue? What's up with Menden and Galach kowtowing to the mob?

We've had the draft for almost two years now and what has that accomplished? Kittens has been in ToV, outside of a quake, a handful of times at most and only in the past 6-8 weeks? They also have enough ST keys to compete there, yet never do.

TSS - even less than kittens.

All other draft guilds - eashen guards and hot, that's it. I may have seen one attempt at an LTK since the drafts' inception, which Vanquish and Riot chose not to pursue as a target as an incentive.

"we want to learn tactics" - There's over 20 years of information online on each and every encounter, look it up. None of it has changed at all when there is zero competition. Competition is what breeds innovative ways to succeed.

"It's wildly popular" - are you a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert? Of course "FREE SHIT" is "wildly popular"! Who would have thought!?

The bottom line is that all of you don't want to compete, which is where the fun and magic is, and you just want free shit. You're playing the wrong game / server.
Lmao do you literally have so little of a life outside of P99 that you’re getting bent out of shape over this?

“Omg sometimes a guild doesn’t try to compete on certain content because they aren’t the guild filled with no life neckbeards who have nothing better to do than do the same raid for the 1 millionth time on an emulated server for a 23 year old video game!!!!!!!! How dare they!!!!!! They are terrible and we are the best!!!!!”