Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Pimp my Kunark Warrior: Velious Edition

Hey everyone,

I quit playing a few months before Velious launch, and I just returned a few months ago. I have been leveling up an Enchanter, but I miss playing my warrior. My warrior's current gear is almost all planar and Kunark. I'd like the input from the community on what are some easy and cheaper upgrades I can do to make myself a bit more up to date. I only have like 40k to spend right now. I've sorted through some upgrades on the wiki, and I'd like some feedback.

I'm not in a raiding guild so I'd be looking for buyable or groupable items.

Human Warrior level 60, Rallos Zek

Current gear:

Earring 1: Earring of essence
Earring 2: Fingerbone Hoop
Helm: Skull-shaped Barbute / Crown of Froglok Kings
Face: Enshrouded Veil
Chest: Indicolite BP
Neck: Runed Wind Amulet (sky)
Arms: Indicolite Vambraces
Cloak: CoF
Belt: Mithril Plated Girth
Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Blue Sky (sky) / IGS
Bracers: Indicolite Bracer / Bracer of Scavenging / (Guardian bracer) only vel piece
Leggs: Indicolite Greaves
Hands: Indicolite Gauntlets
Boots: Cobalt Boots / Dark Rust Boots
Ring1: Azure Ruby Ring
Ring2: Platnium Fire Wedding Ring
Weapon1: Blade of Strategy
Weapon2: Blade of Tactics
Ranged: Idol of the Thorned / Bow of the Underfoot

Thoughts for easy upgrades:

Silver Chitin wristbands
blood runed girdle
Velium Platinum Ring
Barbed dragonscale boots
Allyish Talisman
Cobalt BP or Dwarf BP / Armor

Am I missing anything? Or any suggestions on regearing? I'm not sure if my CoF / Mithril girdle is really the best use of resources.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

For better threat snag an Infestation. It beats the pants off red epic head to head but with your setup you can also offhand it with red primary.

In the Velious era epics (pretty as they are) are lackluster aggro.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

You could probably get a full set of thurg armor for under 40k MQ'd as long as you have the coldain rep. big upgrade to indicolite IMO. Maybe pass on the boots and gauntlets for the easier to attain Silver Steel Guantlets (rot all the time in Kael) and Barbed Dragonscale bewts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

Would a frost bringer work in offhand for aggro? Is that a decent hate weapon? I know it has a debuff component.

Also, the spider belt with +40 hp. Would that be a cheap upgrade over the Mithril Plated Girth? I read in other threads most warriors are saying hp over all for Velious. The Cloak of Maelstrom looks pretty solid too with 55 hp, but I'd have to get rid of my CoF and go to something like a RGB or RBB. That's where I'm confused about if a CoF is really getting the most out of the 70k or whatever its worth.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Frostbringer is phenomenal, one of the best weapons for dps/aggro for very cheap

% haste is also one of the best investments you can make for aggro and dps. If you have a CoF already, keep using it until you find a 41% haste item. There is no reason to ever sacrifice % haste.
Last edited by beargryllz; 01-13-2018 at 06:42 PM..
Old 01-14-2018, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yes spider belt was what I was going to suggest over blood runed - if you keep the CoF that is.

Frostbringer is best offhand untill you can get Infesty + WESS, even then its still fine.

fwiw, I used the sky belt (21% haste) and Maelstrom cloak until I got sky belt (41%) + lodi shield. It was a cheap way to fill slots, and 21% aint bad for haste if its free and youre on a budget. but CoF and spider belt is pretty solid. Seahorse belt and Maelstrom back might be a better combo tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

WESS is flat out the best aggro weapon in the game averaged over time. Marginally mediocre ratio but insane proc with nice stats to boot. Only downside is that proc has a blind component which can rarely cause problems.

FB is consistently strong with a superior ratio and a “good enough” proc. AC helps and proc lowers mob ac for more dps.

Infestation has a stronger proc than FB (almost double red epic proc) and superior mainhand ratio factoring in haste. Stats (dex) on it are nice. Primary hand with low delay makes it ideal.

With infestation primary aggro is trivial. I generally offhand FB these days. If I had epics I’m not sure I’d use either unless aggro was trivial ... and even then I’d only offhand blue and bag the red. Once red can be used offhand it’d be infest prim and red offhand.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Are willsappers very common on this server?

Also, does anyone raid Veeshan's Peak these days? Do any guilds sell loot rights?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Banned

VP is constantly raided. Guilds will sell loot rights if you can make the connect. Willsappers are fairly common but also a highly contested item and will run you a pretty penny.

Do NOT become a prostitute unless you really love dick 4 pay. It takes the right sort of person to be okay. So I will not pimp out your warrior until you suck my dick and prove you're that kind of person [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 01-19-2018, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

Djarn Ring, Thurg/SS helm/arm/boots, Silver Steel Gaunts (off easy namer in Kael)

Mithril plated girth is very good for its price, I cannot justify spending the plat replace with spider fur belt. I'd skip it and go straight for blood runed girdle.

Since you're dual wielding epics already, I don't suggest spending for Frostbringer or WESS. You might want to keep a WESS in your bag, in cases where you desperately need to maximize aggro.
Closed Thread