Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-18-2019, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Run Speed After V49b

After the recent patch (V49b), my characters' run speed slow down and then return to normal and then slow down. It's as if they are snared. I've played on this same laptop for years with no problem until the latest round of patches.

After doing some research, I'm not sure if this is a processor speed issue as one thread mentioned years ago. Is WinEQ the only fix for this? Has anyone else had this issue since the patch? I haven't found any recent threads discussing this issue post patch.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure you are not pressing your run / walk key. Some other guy had same issue and it was just the button making him walk.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Thank you for the quick response Legidias.

No, it's not the run walk button. Spell casting and even mob movement are affected. It's as if the game slows down and speeds up as if being throttled. If I cast a spell, the bar will decrease slowly then skip the rest and cast instantly, almost as if I'm catching up.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

I can’t say for certain what the problem is, but I am confident that WinEQ will help resolve it. It will take 2 minutes to register, download, and install WinEQ.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

WinEQ / make sure the HDD EQ is on is good lol
Old 09-18-2019, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t say for certain what the problem is, but I am confident that WinEQ will help resolve it. It will take 2 minutes to register, download, and install WinEQ.
I downloaded WinEQ 2 lite and ran P99 in it, but it did not fix the issue. I even applied the preference settings that you mentioned in another thread. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Do other games run without similar issues?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do other games run without similar issues?
Yes, other games run fine. This started immediately after the patch. I'm not sure if it has to do with the FPS limitations...
Old 09-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, other games run fine. This started immediately after the patch. I'm not sure if it has to do with the FPS limitations...
Can you try running it in WinEQ again. This time, change the foreground and background settings, all to 120. There should be three fields that you change to 120.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

I have been having a similar issue since the last patch. Any time I am in an area with a lot of combat (like trying to raid) the game lags badly and my framerate drops sharply. Something seems to be going on with Windows Defender even though I have told it to ignore the folder. Very odd.