Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Skeleton

You also left out key parts of "information" about the "situation", like how you were chain zoning in and out of the zone as you would attempt to EB prudent, gate, and zone out before his bolts killed you, re-sow yourself and gate back in to your bind behind the king portal that you sploited past.

Having not been there, but reading your post, and hearing various explanations from other people in zone at the time of what was going on, here is what probably actually happened, say if im wrong:

you ran to EE, EB'd prudent, gated to your bind spot that you sploited into behind the king portal, then quickly zoned out before his mage bolt killed you, healed up, gated back in. During the time you healed up and gated back in, your EB probably slowly killed prudent, and he started re-loading guk as well (as hes bound there). You both zoned back in around the same time and you got bugged out and he was invisible for your client.

He probably watched you run up to the EE area and solo the EE ph, wondering what the fuck you were doing, then hid in a corner in the water and started spamming bolts on you while you sat there not moving or responding, until you died.

Just a guess of course.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

I've gotten that message before when after I kill a mob, he manages to get one more swing in (as your log shows too), and that last swing ends up killing me. Not sure why it happened to you with that much hp, sounds like a bug.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also left out key parts of "information" about the "situation", like how you were chain zoning in and out of the zone as you would attempt to EB prudent, gate, and zone out before his bolts killed you, re-sow yourself and gate back in to your bind behind the king portal that you sploited past.

Having not been there, but reading your post, and hearing various explanations from other people in zone at the time of what was going on, here is what probably actually happened, say if im wrong:

you ran to EE, EB'd prudent, gated to your bind spot that you sploited into behind the king portal, then quickly zoned out before his mage bolt killed you, healed up, gated back in. During the time you healed up and gated back in, your EB probably slowly killed prudent, and he started re-loading guk as well (as hes bound there). You both zoned back in around the same time and you got bugged out and he was invisible for your client.

He probably watched you run up to the EE area and solo the EE ph, wondering what the fuck you were doing, then hid in a corner in the water and started spamming bolts on you while you sat there not moving or responding, until you died.

Just a guess of course.
Pretty accusatory post by daef, xate sums it up nicely. There's always been a bug in emu where if you zone at nearly the same time as someone else is loading it will glitch and they will see you, but you can't even see them in the zone. On vztz it was possible to doublecheck if you were in danger via /whoing them and seeing what zone they were in on the world, but here you're kind of screwed if you get unlucky and it happens.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normally I wouldn't be so quick to make a claim, but it's pretty clear I had a bullshit death. I'm not one to run and make accusations quickly, I mean look at my history on these forums defending the server/GMs.

I don't want to think it was a GM death touch but I have(had) no alternative explanation that made any sort of sense. It is, iirc, the same message when being GM killed on other servers. Could I be wrong? Certainly, but the evidence suggests it's either a death touch or, as Uthgaard pointed out, some sort of hacker death that I didn't even know was possible.
Or well known bug that has occured on emu even a decade ago in guildwars days.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Just gonna throw in my 5 cents on what might have happened.

Legit version:

Prudent called help, someone zoned in, got the super rare bug where some clients can't see you in the zone or in game.

Proceeded to kill Dafuins which would result in this "unseen hand" thing.

I don't know what triggers the bug, but it has happened to me at least twice on this server, and the only way you figure out that it has happened is when you have a friend in group and you say "why ain't you in my zone" and he says "I'm standing right beside you"

Conspiracy version:

Kringe didn't go out on new years eve and tried his new haxx on dafuins
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

zone cmd unseen hand
Old 01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

If you're an old school EMU'er you would know of this bug. Back in the days (guildwars) (DoH) (Empire) etc etc.. this same bug would happen. It's rare.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and who killed 2pac and biggie smalls
just wanted to say rip pac and have had this bug

oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by xate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gate back in to your bind behind the king portal that you sploited past.
I graphically lag past that shit every time. You can't ghost across zonelines (at least in my exp), and ghosting past mobs isn't exploiting gm confirmed.
Last edited by ZEROSUM; 01-01-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycloud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're an old school EMU'er you would know of this bug. Back in the days (guildwars) (DoH) (Empire) etc etc.. this same bug would happen. It's rare.
happened in DAoC too. Sucked when you'd be camping some spawn in Darkness Falls and an invisible friar starts beating the shit out of you.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

those are called hacks diggle

daoc had alot of hacks , radar etc

staff did nothing
Closed Thread