Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Ok. But not a "permanent" xp boost.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

this server is amazing.. i havent logged off since release, u guys are doing a great job
Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

wife looks at me wierd if i play anything for more than 3hours straight and that is including online poker when it was legal in US and i was making 2-3grand a month on it. So you can imagine how gay and nerd she thinks EQ is. With that being said, i still love this game and its classic ways. I think anything beneficial that will help bring more players would be awesome, however even though i have been level 30 for like a week due to pvp deaths ,lag deaths, dumb deaths and just not being able to play as much. How can we seriously consider taking away the grind from eq? That is the best thing this server has going is the grind the rest is all bull shit anyways.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wife looks at me wierd if i play anything for more than 3hours straight and that is including online poker when it was legal in US and i was making 2-3grand a month on it. So you can imagine how gay and nerd she thinks EQ is. With that being said, i still love this game and its classic ways. I think anything beneficial that will help bring more players would be awesome, however even though i have been level 30 for like a week due to pvp deaths ,lag deaths, dumb deaths and just not being able to play as much. How can we seriously consider taking away the grind from eq? That is the best thing this server has going is the grind the rest is all bull shit anyways.
I tend to agree with this, with the exception in this case being the ability to pvp - thats generally a feature not considered bullshit to those here.

I've never felt a sense of accomplishment long term in other games due to the lack of challenge involved. I do fear that if that challenge were eliminated, so also would be my desire to play. In general, having to contend with other people in any game or contest that haven't earned their place among your ranks only serves to take the value and fun out of it.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

glad i picked up skyrim finally
Old 01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

What happened to all those "null is the savior" threads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

His resist system really is doing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (if you're an enchanter only)

Server needs someone who knows what the fuck was going on in everquest pvp in the late 90 to early 2000's.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Aviak

The community on the pvp server limits the population to around 75 people. Classic eq pvp servers can support somewhere around 24 raiders max. All that is left after Naggy and Vox are dead is the xp grind, alts, and griefing. Honestly what did you expect? Most of the people whining about the lack of global chat and population just want a steady stream of newbies that they can kill and proceed to belittle in global ooc. The only ways that I can see to increase the population is 24/7 GM support to fix bugs and enforce whatever rules you decide upon or allow people to 6 box and try to 3 man dragons.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

At some point people will realize that the devs really don't care all that much. The blue server is their prized project-- R99 is the red headed step child, it's like a science project to them. They could care less, have you seen the pop on blue lately? 600+ at times, I'm sure they are much more focused on that servers success than this servers failure.

As far as the pop, there are a shitload of people that hit 50 or are relatively close that have taken a break from the game that at primetime would easily put the server back at 220+ which is still a healthy pop. Wait until planes gets released and go from there, no1 really gives a shit about Naggy and Vox
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Resists just need tuned. Other then that, more pop then VZTZ ever had. Winning imo.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wife looks at me wierd if i play anything for more than 3hours straight and that is including online poker when it was legal in US and i was making 2-3grand a month on it.
Mid Stake SnG Grinder/Cashgame ? With 2-3k a month, u must be a popular Poker player then (should have known u, if u are a mid stake Regular playing on FT/PS like me - glad i am Europe and still can) ... MTTs taking much longer then 3 hours, if u get itm. Guess u were FT ? Lost 6k on black friday there.

Whats ur ROI, what was ur Name. Gona Sharkskope ya... then Heads up for rollz, dude.
Last edited by Chett; 01-09-2012 at 11:12 AM..
Closed Thread