Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Aviak

Default Two Temp Gamma Fixes

The first is going into your Catalyst or nVidia control panel for the graphics card. Look under '3D Applications' or something similar. Setup a profile for the EQ.exe under 'Application Settings' and set the Gamma higher.

Intel HD 'fix' added by input from Dillian
[quote]intel hd cards go to intel graphics and media control panel and make sure your in advanced mode. Select color enhancement under display, and set gamma to like 1.1. make sure you click apply and then zone to make sure it stuck. You have to reset the gamma after your done on p99 but at least you can see now while playing the game.[/quo
Last edited by Asmadi; 12-03-2014 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Removed .ini 'fix'
Old 12-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

In EQclient, changing Gamma to 50 does nothing. 20 is the maximum the game understands.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In EQclient, changing Gamma to 50 does nothing. 20 is the maximum the game understands.
Have you tried it? I tested it on my end and it worked for me. *shrug* Rivervale brightened up at 50 and was darker at 20. Could have been because of the day cycle in the game.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

intel hd cards go to intel graphics and media control panel and make sure your in advanced mode. Select color enhancement under display, and set gamma to like 1.1. make sure you click apply and then zone to make sure it stuck. You have to reset the gamma after your done on p99 but at least you can see now while playing the game.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
intel hd cards go to intel graphics and media control panel and make sure your in advanced mode. Select color enhancement under display, and set gamma to like 1.1. make sure you click apply and then zone to make sure it stuck. You have to reset the gamma after your done on p99 but at least you can see now while playing the game.
added, thanks.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmadi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried it? I tested it 2x on my end and it worked for me. *shrug* Rivervale brightened up at 50 and looked darker at 20.
Yes, I've tried it.

The game takes the Gamma value in the EQclient and multiplies it by 5. So a 20 in client is the same as 100 in the Options menu. There is no higher.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I've tried it.

The game takes the Gamma value in the EQclient and multiplies it by 5. So a 20 in client is the same as 100 in the Options menu. There is no higher.
Good to know, thanks, mustta been morning ingame at same time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Skeleton

This is an exploit to get around the intended game mechanic. Take this down or be banned
Old 12-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an exploit to get around the intended game mechanic. Take this down or be banned
Lol...
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 12-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes Sir, mr. Large Bat.