Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Default OoT Gargs

So I want to camp here for some eyes, but last time I was here the garg spawn was all sorts of awkward. It felt as if once you cleared the gargs they wouldn't be even spawned back in an hour. Now I don't know what the exact spawn time was between them but I've killed so many god damned skeletons that I wanted to scream while waiting for these bad boys to spawn.

Can anyone give me the scoop on this camp?

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Aviak

I camped them for many hours a month or so ago. Each spawn spot (about 6-7 in all) seems to have a 50% chance to spawn a greater skeleton, and 50% chance to spawn a garg. The gargs and skeletons will fight eachother, and since the gargoyles will always win, eventually the gargs will be in the majority on the island if no one has been fighting there for a while.

It must have been bad luck that you got so many skeletons. I do remember having the entire island be skeletons at times, but then 10 mins later some gargs would show up.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zliz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped them for many hours a month or so ago. Each spawn spot (about 6-7 in all) seems to have a 50% chance to spawn a greater skeleton, and 50% chance to spawn a garg. The gargs and skeletons will fight eachother, and since the gargoyles will always win, eventually the gargs will be in the majority on the island if no one has been fighting there for a while.

It must have been bad luck that you got so many skeletons. I do remember having the entire island be skeletons at times, but then 10 mins later some gargs would show up.
Ahhh that would explain it then. So it should speed things up the more skellies I kill, correct?

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Yup, the sooner you kill a skeleton, the sooner a garg can possibly spawn in its spot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

There is a delicate ecosystem at work on gargoyle island.

Gargoyle island is best suited to when you have time to make maybe half a dozen kills before logging back out.

The reason for this is gargoyles and greater skeletons are natural enemies. They will attack each other on sight, resulting in one less greater skeleton.

The protocol for hunting here is to always leave at least one gargoyle up when you vacate the area. This way the natural processes of the island will ensure the next person to arrive will have plenty of gargoyles to kill.
Closed Thread