Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Aviak

Wanted to chime in here too, and verbally say thank you! I will be joining the ranks of those that have donated, but the boss won't approve anything "frivolous" until after the heathen babies have their Christmas! =] So....

THANK YOU!@!

Knights Who Say Ni!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

If P99 ended tomorrow here's how I see things playing out:

1. I would be sad about not having true classic EQ yet again. I would probably try out Warlords of Draenor (which I pre-ordered but still haven't reactivated my account to try), and get bored in about a week.

2. I would re-activate my FFXIV account and get a little excited about the prospect of maxing every class on one character, play for about a week and get bored because.... it's just not EQ.

3. Probably re-download RIFT and attempt to play again, once again only to be bored within a week as new MMOs just don't keep my attention long.

4. Mix in some random console games, random single player PC games, all lasting for brief periods before boredom.

This endless cycle would continue and I would never truly get my fulfilled gaming experience. I would miss my Classic EQ days, my P99 EQ days, and continue searching for the next EQ.

TL;DR No game can ever fill that classic EQ/P99 void.

Huge thank you to all the devs, gms, guides for everything you do here.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If P99 ended tomorrow here's how I see things playing out:

4. Mix in some random console games, random single player PC games, all lasting for brief periods before boredom.

This endless cycle would continue and I would never truly get my fulfilled gaming experience. I would miss my Classic EQ days, my P99 EQ days, and continue searching for the next EQ.

TL;DR No game can ever fill that classic EQ/P99 void.

Huge thank you to all the devs, gms, guides for everything you do here.
This
Old 12-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

ITT P99 >= Heroin
Old 12-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Ive often wondered what I would play next if P99 shut down, and I doubt I would find any games. EQ is really all I dabble in these days, everything else I've tried just doesn't compare.

I hope that if P99 every does go away that someone gets ahold of the code / db so we can spin it up elsewhere. It really is an amazing place to place.

This is a great time to donate some $ to the project to keep the operating expense in check. It can't be cheap, so lets not let it get shut down due to financial reasons!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is... someone would plug it back in, and it would basically be like a serve reset, which would be awesome for all the newcomers like me... soo... no?
Maybe, maybe not, since the P1999 modifications (compared to the public EQEmu code) are not released to the public. Thus, there is a small risk that we will some day all go "awww, fuck!" if the plug gets pulled and/or the devs "run away" with the source code. Still, it's unlikely since there are multiple developers, and some are bound to have local copies of the code somewhere, no matter what happens.

In a way, it's generally a terrible thing for an enthusiast-driven free project like this to be closed source, but I understand the reasoning to a degree. Let's just hope the best for the future.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

IF the game was shut down i for see a few things:

1. More than a few folks would not be paying rent next month or two. as Their only income is this game.

2. More than few neckbeard would get an allergic reaction to sunlight as they step out of the "basement" for the first time time in months.

3. I will move on to emerald wow or try some other m.m.o around heck even fire up my swotr account maybe.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 12-09-2014, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have attempted to rope my friends into playing, hell, for years I have tried to get my girlfriend to give it a try. The occasional person tries, but they don't seem to last long. There is something about the awesome level of nostalgia that is offered here by the p99 team that only some of us can understand. Those who are new and never played classic, are rare, but they do exist and it great to see them play, but what the team has done for us veterans is more than we could ask for.

From the bottom of our hearts (some of them colder than others) we thank you.
^ Thank you Team P99