Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Default Banking in Neriak

I was running to Sol A yesterday and out of habit conned the guards in Nektulos. I am currently dubious to the DE guards who I assume are on Dreadguard Outer faction.

I got loads of Dreadguard Outer faction from murdering halflings in Misty Thicket. So I pulled up eqatlas and it shows a bank in the Foreign Quarter.

As an iksar monk is it possible for me to bank in Neriak if I'm dubious to Dreadguard Outer? As in- can I make it to that bank without getting womped by high level guards?

I know how to access hostile vendors and bankers using sneak and camera tricks, thanks.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

You can bank anywhere you want as a monk - since you can do it while Feigned.

There is 1 guard in the bank in Neriak I believe.

Raising faction is easy with Sneak though - do the Red Wine quest in Neriak Third Gate.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Aviak

The guards inside are, strangely enough, on Dreadguard Inner faction. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This faction is raised through the Red Wine quest and/or the Evil Research quest. The quickest way will be the Red Win quest, just got some invis pots, buy tons of Red Wine from a friendly vendor somewhere, and you'll have good faction in no time.

Be careful about two things. First of all, on your way to the Red Wine NPC in 3rd quarter, there's a very KoS Cleric guild - hence the invis pots.

Second, once you have faction with the Inner guards: Just outside the entrance to the bank in Neriak is a level 40 Wizard who warps down from the caster building and patrols around kinda aimlessly just in front of the door to the basement leading to the bank (it's a bug I reckon, but it's like that on Live EQ too, so it is proper behavior for our server). He's threatening to me (Iksar Monk), so he doesn't agro from that far away, but you gotta tippy-toe around the corner as you go through the merchant buildings, and see if he's down on the "street" or up on the caster building. Feign Death, watch him patrol, and move in when it's clear.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Just in case you want to do the wine hand-in...

In 3rd gate, there's also a guard (something Punox?) who patrols between the cleric guild and the gate outside the library. He's on the Indigo Brotherhood (warrior guild) faction, so if you've been to Crushbone, he'll kill you on sight. Since you need to go inside the library to hand in the wine, you need to watch out for him.

There's also the minor complication that the Dreadguard are only the dark elf guards; in the foreign quarter, there are ogre guards who were still KoS to me after getting the Dreadguard Inner faction to dubious.
Closed Thread