Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faited [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All anyone needs to know right there. If the GM said they got a good case then that means the accused is guilty no matter how you try to spin it or what kind of apologist you are. If the person getting scammed is an upstanding community member who even provides a valuable service to the community then by all means he/she should be able to use that platform to rally support.

The accuser's response to being asked about the items the next day is laughable & show's how scummy that person is.
Could things have been handled better by Shrek when he first logged on when his power was restored, sure. Do you have all the information that is pertinent to reaching the correct decision? No. This thread is a perfect example of GM's reaching a decision players don't agree with and/or do not understand. Do the players have all the information in a given situation? No. Do the GM's? Yes (or at the very least a lot more information than the players will).

Speculatron 9000 now online:

Nemce offered his fungi to the man after it was determined his bag poofed on a zone but he refused it publicly, then privately asked for it later because he secretly had his original fungi from the poofing bag reimbursed and therefore scammed AG in the end. Holy shit, this is easy! Note that I have zero information as to the validity of above actions but it sounds extremely plausible to me, and therefore probably true.

Chev
Old 06-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Banned

blue99 endgame is rotten to the core

even the "casual" guilds spin their misdeeds into offenses committed against them

shame on you AG
Old 06-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Confirmed... AG most corrupt guild on server.... That Dulas is the worst... Off with their heads I say...
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 06-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portsche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not reading any farther into the 9 pages of this to see if someone else has said it. But yes, the GMs can figure out who dropped something and who picked it up. Been there, done that.
Yes, GMs do, guides do not.

GMs have to manually run database queries against the item ID to find out where it went (and this is what's on a 6 month back queue).
Old 06-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merekai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could things have been handled better by Shrek when he first logged on when his power was restored, sure. Do you have all the information that is pertinent to reaching the correct decision? No. This thread is a perfect example of GM's reaching a decision players don't agree with and/or do not understand. Do the players have all the information in a given situation? No. Do the GM's? Yes (or at the very least a lot more information than the players will).

Speculatron 9000 now online:

Nemce offered his fungi to the man after it was determined his bag poofed on a zone but he refused it publicly, then privately asked for it later because he secretly had his original fungi from the poofing bag reimbursed and therefore scammed AG in the end. Holy shit, this is easy! Note that I have zero information as to the validity of above actions but it sounds extremely plausible to me, and therefore probably true.

Chev
Chev, I think you're just being sarcastic, but there is a small degree of truth to what you say. In the initial public offering of the fungi I told Nemce/bktroost that I would pass - he PMed me saying when the adrenaline wears off, let him know if I would like one.

A day or so into double XP weekend, feeling an urge to get my 40 shaman who I was originally attempting to move my items to, I suggested to him via PM if he really never used the fungi, he could trade it to me, or not, not a big deal either way.

I then never got ahold of him to do anything with it - and no, I only wish GMs would make an exception and restore/move the items back for me, but according to Eunomia they never move items back (the most they'll do is ban an offender).
Old 06-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To say I unfairly called out Shadowshrek? I don't believe so.
I don't either, but I'll say it a third time if I have to: accusing the people he was grouped with and his entire guild was insanely petty. There is absolutely no logical line of thought that could lead one to believe this was a good idea. By all means be speculative and suspicious - that's fine - but don't slander the entire god damned guild, and don't put my name on your website. We didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chev, I think you're just being sarcastic, but there is a small degree of truth to what you say. In the initial public offering of the fungi I told Nemce/bktroost that I would pass - he PMed me saying when the adrenaline wears off, let him know if I would like one.

A day or so into double XP weekend, feeling an urge to get my 40 shaman who I was originally attempting to move my items to, I suggested to him via PM if he really never used the fungi, he could trade it to me, or not, not a big deal either way.

I then never got ahold of him to do anything with it - and no, I only wish GMs would make an exception and restore/move the items back for me, but according to Eunomia they never move items back (the most they'll do is ban an offender).
Yes I was being sarcastic and using the example of the fungi followed by some rampant speculation on my part to illustrate the hilarity of this thread. I wasn't trying to call anyone out :P

Chev
Old 06-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Banned

Not come across other names but would be very surprised if Paulgiamati has done any wrongdoing - stand up guy and always helpful in my personal experience.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I messaged him the morning after, politely asking for the items (before he had a chance to explain to his guild where they were) and mentioned I had requested my petition against him be removed.

His response, "OH LOOK A THIEF", "GO REFILE A PETITION".
Also, please provide logs of this to Nemce. If this is actually true, I certainly don't want to be guilded with this guy.

I mean, he's like our newest member. I really haven't the faintest clue as to whether or not he'd actually try to pull something like this off. It seems unlikely - he's a very casual player (even by CSG standards), and still learning stuff about the game. Nothing about his personality has seemed off-putting, or deceptive, or surreptitious. But at the same time, I don't have enough information to say that he absolutely would not.

What I do know, however, is if I was falsely accused of this I'd be the first one to publicly deny it, as I have. So it does bother me that he's been completely silent about it. The only thing I'm absolutely certain of is that no one in Azure Guard wants to be guilded with him if he did this.

Take Nemce's fungi tunic. These are merely pixels.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

It's also possible that he simply dropped it in HS, and it rotted. Maybe he didn't have drop-confirmations enabled. We were rapping up a guild outing in Charasis that night and we'd all been there for 5+ hours, and we were all pretty tired and pushing our limits. It's certainly possible that a bag on the ground went unnoticed for 5+ minutes. And in this case, I do still place blame on Shrek just for being careless with your items.
Closed Thread