Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-08-2022, 04:33 PM
Banned

I guarantee there are basically zero people complaining about black actors for being black actors. They're complaining about lazy, blatantly transparent pandering taking priority over just making a good show. I honestly can't tell if people are too dumb to understand that or are intentionally pretending they don't.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I love when someone in leftyland Hollywood comes out with something left or far-left in front of all their Hollywood friends at a Hollywood event being broadcast by lefty media...

and they are told they were "so brave" for doing so....

lol
Old 09-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guarantee there are basically zero people complaining about black actors for being black actors. They're complaining about lazy, blatantly transparent pandering taking priority over just making a good show. I honestly can't tell if people are too dumb to understand that or are intentionally pretending they don't.
Remember when it was continually claimed that the criticism of Ghostbusters 2016 was because of misogyny? And it turned out it was just because it was terrible compared to the original?

Excuses, excuses.

Amazon is claiming racism is why there is so much criticism. Ghostbusters 2016 was misogyny, Rings of Power is racism. That's the playbook.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love when someone in leftyland Hollywood comes out with something left or far-left in front of all their Hollywood friends at a Hollywood event being broadcast by lefty media...

and they are told they were "so brave" for doing so....

lol
Yeah it's so inspiring! I mean does elijah wood actually think there is a single person out there who was thinking prior to this show: "I love the lord of the rings and it's many moral teachings, mainly because there are NO BLACKS!!!". Zero people think that. It's so insipidly stupid, but then again they are actors so I can cut them some slack for being stunningly retarded.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when it was continually claimed that the criticism of Ghostbusters 2016 was because of misogyny? And it turned out it was just because it was terrible compared to the original?

Excuses, excuses.

Amazon is claiming racism is why there is so much criticism. Ghostbusters 2016 was misogyny, Rings of Power is racism. That's the playbook.
At this point I’m beating a dead horse, but there are some advantages and disadvantages to pandering, or in less harsh terms…race and gender-swapping characters

Disadvantages:

- Any publication or big name YouTube commentator that leans right will likely negatively review the product as trying to be woke. Almost all journalists are left leaning, so this means the only negative big name critics you get will likely be youtubers

- A section of the most stubborn conservatives will choose to not see it even if it turns out to be really good

Advantages:

- All left-leaning journalists and critics will gush over the product with good reviews whether it is good or not out of a sense of tribalism to the ideology. Or if they don’t give a good review, they will still likely pull their punches with a negative one

- Even if the product is bad, all negative reviews and critical fans can be dismissed as bigots. This is known as the POC shield

- If the product happens to be really good despite being woke, a decent chunk of moderate conservatives will still see it

As we can see, the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages, ESPECIALLY if the product happens to be good

But anyway, I’ve already said this so won’t really be re-mentioning it after this
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-08-2022 at 06:49 PM..
Old 09-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2022, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-08-2022, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

I didn’t mean for this to turn into another politics thread ��
Old 09-08-2022, 11:55 PM
Banned

upboated the half life video