Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where does the pain of "gender dysphoria" originate? any dr.s?

it is being sold as a road of rebellion. "I'm a they because I will never be them".
It's a fundamentally difficult question because it is entirely based on subjective reports, which means it's uniquely vulnerable to unreliable data skewing any kind of firm conclusion one way or the other. You don't have to be a doctor to understand this, you can just take a highschool stats class.

If somebody says "I have a toothache", you can x-ray their jaw and see if that tooth has a cavity or an infection irritating the nerve and causing pain.

If somebody says "I was born in the wrong body" there is no way to test that and rule out false-positives. Pretending there is some kind of robust scientific consensus on this issue and shutting up those who are skeptical isn't helping anyone.

I do know this though: Megyn Fox claiming all three of her kids are trans is pretty much statistically impossible. There's a term for that and it's munchausen by proxy
Old 06-19-2023, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If somebody says "I have a toothache", you can x-ray their jaw and see if that tooth has a cavity or an infection irritating the nerve and causing pain.
Pain is much more complex than that. You should look into the biomedical model vs. the biopsychosocial model; truly enlightening stuff. Same with the nocebo effect, which is simply a detrimental placebo. There are many documented findings of pain in absence of any actual tissue damage, as well as cases of a complete lack of pain in cases of very clear tissue damage that seems like it should be causing pain.

Try to separate the process of pain from psychological, social, environmental, socioeconomic, etc. influences and you just end up with a willfully incomplete understanding of the incredibly complex pain experience.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Haha. AU$365k to see the watery grave of the titanic.
I hope they have a large enough door this time. And no one named Rose.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pain is much more complex than that. You should look into the biomedical model vs. the biopsychosocial model; truly enlightening stuff. Same with the nocebo effect, which is simply a detrimental placebo. There are many documented findings of pain in absence of any actual tissue damage, as well as cases of a complete lack of pain in cases of very clear tissue damage that seems like it should be causing pain.

Try to separate the process of pain from psychological, social, environmental, socioeconomic, etc. influences and you just end up with a willfully incomplete understanding of the incredibly complex pain experience.
Well yes, but the ambiguities of physical pain are certainly much better understood than somebody's subjective internal experience, which forms the *entire* basis of transgender ideology.

Do all the brain scans you want, but you'll never know if the sex offender who was just sentenced to 20 years in prison is actually a woman just because he claims he is at sentencing, and is thus sent to a female prison- where he unsurprisingly rapes or assaults female inmates. This is already happening in some parts of the US, the UK and Canada. To say nothing of the female sports fairness question or the transitioning children consent question.

If it were just a libertarian "you do you" argument I'd have no problem with it, but the ideology is now imposing on the rest of society in seriously consequential ways.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Listen up people, if it doesnt/hasnt happened to ME, it does not exist. Im a human, they are human therefore im correct. Pain is what I say it is. Nothing else. Xrays dont lie, if a tooth isnt infected or have a cavity, it does not hurt.
Signed, Ooloo.
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well yes, but the ambiguities of physical pain are certainly much better understood than somebody's subjective internal experience, which forms the *entire* basis of transgender ideology.

Do all the brain scans you want, but you'll never know if the sex offender who was just sentenced to 20 years in prison is actually a woman just because he claims he is at sentencing, and is thus sent to a female prison where he unsurprisingly rapes or assaults female inmates. This is already happening in some parts of the US, the UK and Canada.

If it were just a libertarian "you do you" argument I'd have no problem with it, but the ideology is now imposing on the rest of society in seriously consequential ways.
The pain scale came about because of the difficulty in measuring the subjective experience of pain lmao. No idea what you’re on about tbh

Do you never tire of this obsession with trans people? Spending hours a day every single day posting literal nonsense about lgbt people seems like it may be unhealthy
Sarnak

Quote:

Do all the brain scans you want, but you'll never know if the sex offender who was just sentenced to 20 years in prison is actually a woman just because he claims he is at sentencing, and is thus sent to a female prison- where he unsurprisingly rapes or assaults female inmates. This is already happening in some parts of the US, the UK and Canada. To say nothing of the female sports fairness question or the transitioning children consent question.

i think the argument is 'someday' and the quote is " we are building the airplane as we fly it."

sounds like an adventure.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legions of trans, so laughable. Also, this is America, we aren’t “some other country”. We’re king dick slinger, we don’t mirror what these other loser counties do. We knock. Get with the program.
With "Christians" like this at the forefront, who even needs Satan?
Old 06-19-2023, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me tell you about Aunt Martha.

Martha and John married after they met as missionaries and have lived out of the way. Hardy folks they don't like doctors and have been lucky enough to not have need of them much.

When they retired as missionaries Martha and John came back to the states, and settled back in their home town, which is a short distance from the hospital I work at. Martha came in for a "welcome back to civilization" check-up and it was discovered that Martha has undescended testicles and a clitoris the size of an ox tail.

I was the admitting physician. I acted as if nothing was amiss. Was that ethically the right decision?
john sounds like a lucky man.

the dr. that took my appendix also took my outie. he asked first. i cant say no to dr.s.
Old 06-19-2023, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pain scale came about because of the difficulty in measuring the subjective experience of pain lmao. No idea what you’re on about tbh

Do you never tire of this obsession with trans people? Spending hours a day every single day posting literal nonsense about lgbt people seems like it may be unhealthy
Uh thanks but men being sent to prison with women and cheating at sports and confusing children with quack medical jargon they can't possibly understand, and also in some states threatening parents with custody battles if they don't submit to it is kind of an important issue. All of which you conveniently ignore.

You keep failing to understand how insane the "why are you so obsessed with this?" defense sounds to most people. If it only affected the trans person I wouldn't care, but it affects literally the entire rest of society.
Closed Thread