Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

i'd cry if someone fucked with my Honda, i should get an "adult" vehicle but there is something special about the last of the analog era cars. 2001 bone stock Prelude last year they made them, 5spd manual, no power steering, just a cable from the throttle body to the gas pedal instead of being electronic. really tickles that ADHD autism part of my brain while driving.

it's some peter pan syndrome type shit for sure but having people at a red light or gas station be like "oh fuck man i haven't seen one of those since high school/college." thing never gets old.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ekco; 06-27-2023 at 01:01 AM..
Old 06-27-2023, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, if you voted for Biden, you elected the least popular vice president in American History.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...oval-rcna75928

her "monument" of broken glass is one hell of a metaphor
Trexller realization: When you realize you insulted the republican nominee more for losing.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd cry if someone fucked with my Honda, i should get an "adult" vehicle but there is something special about the last of the analog era cars. 2001 bone stock Prelude last year they made them, 5spd manual, no power steering, just a cable from the throttle body to the gas pedal instead of being electronic. really tickles that ADHD autism part of my brain while driving.

it's some peter pan syndrome type shit for sure but having people at a red light or gas station be like "oh fuck man i haven't seen one of those since high school/college." thing never gets old.
Manuals are cool, I had 2 manual trucks. Nowadays it’s millennial theft-proof because no one can drive it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tacomas have a huge modding community, assuming Hondas do as well. I have a tune on my engine done for more hp and torque and more low end. I’d mod up that Honda yo
Old 06-27-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Side note - anyone excited that June 29th they are announcing a means to overcome the time irregularities from PTAs due to the stretching and contracting of space?

Removing binary black holes from the foreground, provides an opportunity for third generation gravitational wave ground-based detectors to enter a realm where important cosmological observations can be made.

I work in my respected field but the scientist in me has always thought what it would have been like if I applied myself in the field of cosmetology and astronomy instead of mundane pharmaceutical therapies.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Side note - anyone excited that June 29th they are announcing a means to overcome the time irregularities from PTAs due to the stretching and contracting of space?

Removing binary black holes from the foreground, provides an opportunity for third generation gravitational wave ground-based detectors to enter a realm where important cosmological observations can be made.

I work in my respected field but the scientist in me has always thought what it would have been like if I applied myself in the field of cosmetology and astronomy instead of mundane pharmaceutical therapies.
WAT
Old 06-27-2023, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Question

what happened to the forum's planned glow-up?

this place is lousy with fascists all over again lmao

forum moderation happening in waves?
Old 06-27-2023, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what happened to the forum's planned glow-up?

this place is lousy with fascists all over again lmao

forum moderation happening in waves?
Have you tried asking for the forum moderator’s manager?

Kk that’s my last of those jokes, they are too 2020 at this point
Old 06-27-2023, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manuals are cool, I had 2 manual trucks. Nowadays it’s millennial theft-proof because no one can drive it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tacomas have a huge modding community, assuming Hondas do as well. I have a tune on my engine done for more hp and torque and more low end. I’d mod up that Honda yo
yeah Tacomas are dope, i really like the front bumper/grill styling on them. good lookin trucks

yeah i'm always on the lookout for rare OEM parts and period correct stuff from the 90s for the honda, at the local import junkyard and facebook groups. stuff like the digital gauge cluster from a s2000 you can swap in super easy and the s2000 steering wheel and extra stuff the Japan, Euro and Australian markets got for em back in the day that we didn't get in the states.

i thought about just throwing a Ebay turbo on but with the reliability issues i figure if i ever end up wanting to do it i gotta do it right with sleeved block and new pistons and all that shit or it will break pretty quick. or do an entire engine swap cause the generation of h22 motor i have is open deck design with thin sleeves that don't like boost very much.

they make good project builds though lots of people autocross/hill climb/roll race them n shit.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah Tacomas are dope, i really like the front bumper/grill styling on them. good lookin trucks

yeah i'm always on the lookout for rare OEM parts and period correct stuff from the 90s for the honda, at the local import junkyard and facebook groups. stuff like the digital gauge cluster from a s2000 you can swap in super easy and the s2000 steering wheel and extra stuff the Japan, Euro and Australian markets got for em back in the day that we didn't get in the states.

i thought about just throwing a Ebay turbo on but with the reliability issues i figure if i ever end up wanting to do it i gotta do it right with sleeved block and new pistons and all that shit or it will break pretty quick. or do an entire engine swap cause the generation of h22 motor i have is open deck design with thin sleeves that don't like boost very much.

they make good project builds though lots of people autocross/hill climb/roll race them n shit.
Ya, you know more about modding than I do! I dunno a lot about cars and mods, but I always wanted to turbo or supercharge something too! There’s a supercharge kit for the Tacoma that has its own warranty and is considered reliable, but it’s like either $6k or even maybe $8k, I forget. But it tacks on like 60 extra horsepower and I dunno how much torque

If I’m gonna go further in debt with loans I’ll prolly go for the 2024, they sexy:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4D9C9444-AB5F-480A-9EA9-580776F69F43.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2023, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't driven a manual in like 20 years. My old 2000 Mustang GT was the last manual.

My Cadillac has paddle shifters but I've never used them.