Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-13-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glacier would not be fun July 4th

Go to alaska bud. Do gates of the arctic, Colorado has gone downhill since the Patrick swayze red dawn days
Eh you just need to get off I-70 and its still legit. The entire San Juan range is all small town goodness and much of Sawatch has a great feel too. Leadville is one of my favorite towns. I couldn't get away from Aspen fast enough, and Vail (was suuuuuuper high) felt like a damn comic/storybook.

I do need to get out to AK, but I'm not a hardcore bushwhacker. I like to drive out / park, hike up to treeline / set up camp, sleep, light-pack to speed run summit(s), then back down to camp to pack up and get out to go have a beer and dank food back in town.

Basically I'm the shitter casual of hiking...with an affinity for exposure when climbing.

Next goal is Capitol. There's a guy in the 14ers FB group that does guided groups for free. He just loves the route that much.
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-13-2023 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-13-2023, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

yea the san juans are the absolute best mountains in co

starting to mentally prep for a big climb later this winter/spring if we get good snow in socal. the snow creek route up san jacinto is one of the best alpine routes in the state, and oddly out of place down here. it's also a beast.

9,500' vertical gain, in less than 5 miles

BUT, with a good weather year, you get a continuous 5,000'+ of s-tier snow for class 3-4 mountaineering

https://www.summitpost.org/snow-creek/155928
Last edited by booter; 12-13-2023 at 05:58 PM..
Old 12-13-2023, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell yeah I bet your dentist is stoked
Bahhhhh
Old 01-26-2024, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Got my new grips in today. Everyone is saying how amazing they are so I had to try them out. I'm pretty excited about it. The straps I've been using forever are kind of annoying to use for everything other than deadlifts because they're so long. Really useful for my back exercises when I'm really cranking up the weight and my grip is affecting the muscle group I'm trying to focus on.

Hope you boys and gals are still getting at it.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

i'm ramping training back up again for the next 8 weeks or so. 5-6 days a week, mostly cardio, some climbing. got some big objectives planned this year - anza borrego before it gets hot, 2-3 days mt shasta in may, 6 days mt baker in july (glacier travel and crevasse rescue)
Old 01-29-2024, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Going skiing next week! big deal for me since i live in FL

been doing ski calisthenics videos in addition to my normal running / lifting....feeling ready to tackle 3 big days in a row
Old 01-29-2024, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going skiing next week! big deal for me since i live in FL

been doing ski calisthenics videos in addition to my normal running / lifting....feeling ready to tackle 3 big days in a row
nice! have you gone before? i went right before xmas, and it was my first time in ~25 years. got the hang of it again after 1 lesson and an hour or two.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Being in shape helps a lot. I’m usually still sore snowboarding the first day or two if I don’t go regularly. It’s obviously a night and day difference compared to going out of shape.

We flew out to keystone for a week in December. The weather was amazing. It snowed just enough that my girl was able to have a great time for her second trip ever.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

I was not a big fan of the versa grips. My hands are too sweaty for them during my workouts. I could use chalk but meh. Definitely not worth trading the conventional straps for them.

Old 01-30-2024, 08:58 AM
Banned

My 3x pj bottoms now fall right off if I don't tuck my top in and hold them up.