Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

Default What is your fix for the gamma patch?

So instead of just endlessly bitching about how dark the game is, let's try and be a little proactive and do something about it.

So far some fixes I have found, aside from Lightstones/torches

Opening another client (just leaving it at the agree/disagree screen) seems to slightly work.

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization >Display > Calibrate Color > then clicking next till you get to brightness adjustment. Although this resets every time you zone and you have to re-adjust it.

Someone else also mentioned using a program called Flux, I tried it but was meh and it's daytime in game again so will have to test it more come nighttime.

I know this darkness is classic or more classic, but...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this darkness is classic or more classic
It's not even in the ballpark of being classic. Why do you think everyone is bitching about it?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not even in the ballpark of being classic. Why do you think everyone is bitching about it?
Classic certainly wasn't full/bright sight for people with infravision, which it has been up until now. I remember rolling a dark elf on live because I was squinting at the screen a lot which was bad for my eyes with the wood elf I had before him.

What was the difference between ultravision and infravision before the patch? Very little.

Put your gamma up to 100%, that'll help.

They may not get it perfect, but this is closer to classic than before.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Aviak

item_859.png

You're welcome, now go get immersed.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They may not get it perfect, but this is closer to classic than before.
Wrong. At no point in classic was everyone forced to play at 100% gamma to see regardless of race. Furthermore, 100% gamma is supposed to give you a washed out look like the loading screen now gives you before character select. Currently 100% gamma is still dark all around.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. At no point in classic was everyone forced to play at 100% gamma to see regardless of race. Furthermore, 100% gamma is supposed to give you a washed out look like the loading screen now gives you before character select. Currently 100% gamma is still dark all around.
If you're trying to say we had "classic" vision before the patch, you're wrong. There's no way I'd have abandoned my wood elf bard back in classic if it wasn't for vision problems (along with dying lots to song aggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

I'd almost go as far to say (looking on a half elf at the moment) that it's still a bit too clear, but that could be something unsolvable with Titanium perhaps?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, this just brings everybody down to a certain level, regardless of race. I wouldn't call it a step in a classic direction. Noble attempt though.

Anyway... back to topic. Fixes?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Control panel settings make it look how it was before the patch for me.

Fire bettle eyes do very little.

I don't mind this change but it doesn't mean I'm not gunna fix it on my end.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Control panel settings make it look how it was before the patch for me.

Fire bettle eyes do very little.

I don't mind this change but it doesn't mean I'm not gunna fix it on my end.
I just setup an EQ.exe profile under my gfx control panel. Fixed it for me, not a server end fix, but still a fix.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Put my gamma up to 100% but can't think of what else. Don't really want to mess with my monitor brightness just for the sake of P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread