Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should the Gamma change of the patch be rolled back?
YES! I was fully bearded before. 133 74.30%
No! Everything classic. 39 21.79%
No, because I've found a solution that absolutely works for everyone and posting it below: 7 3.91%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Default Gamma change: Roll it back?

The gamma change. I get it. It's classic, immersion, etc.

The problem is we all have computers OUTSIDE the game with browsing, messaging, email, work, etc. that get completed screwed up by the client hijacking our video settings. Adjusting my graphics settings when loading and unloading the game is unacceptable.

Roll this change back. Leave it alone.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gamma change. I get it. It's classic, immersion, etc.

The problem is we all have computers OUTSIDE the game with browsing, messaging, email, work, etc. that get completed screwed up by the client hijacking our video settings. Adjusting my graphics settings when loading and unloading the game is unacceptable.

Roll this change back. Leave it alone.
I fixed it on my end, running 3 monitors and they all look fine as well as the game now.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmadi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fixed it on my end, running 3 monitors and they all look fine as well as the game now.
I can "fix" it as well... but I have to go through my video card settings on each monitor (all 4) and adjust the gamma when I LOAD the game and then when to UNLOAD the game.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can "fix" it as well... but I have to go through my video card settings on each monitor (all 4) and adjust the gamma when I LOAD the game and then when to UNLOAD the game.
My Catalyst fix done it for me, running 3 monitors and they're all fine, ingame and out, I'm tabbing now no issues, game on one, have a movie on second going and forums/FB on the other.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not one for full immersion usually, but it seems like there's a culture on P99 for doing anything you can to get 60 ASAP, MQ your epic, and otherwise find ways around the way Verant/Sony/BMQ intended things to be.

I say adjust to the new lighting, don't "fix" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My 2cp anyway.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not one for full immersion usually, but it seems like there's a culture on P99 for doing anything you can to get 60 ASAP, MQ your epic, and otherwise find ways around the way Verant/Sony/BMQ intended things to be.

I say adjust to the new lighting, don't "fix" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My 2cp anyway.
That's arguably the very nature of RPGs with a progressive leveling/reward system. Pavlov and modern psychology would have a lot to say about it.

As you said though; many players in classic made character decisions based on the vision in game. 4-5 years into people's characters and randomly it get's changed? That's not in line with "The Vision (tm)" (if anyone remembers that catch phrase from forumquesting during Live).

Furthermore, as many have noted, racial abilities, spells, and items are NOT having the classic effect. If they did, then it would be in line with Classic/The Vision (tm). As it has been observed; it is NOT the case. What is the case is that this was a poorly tested and poorly executed attempt to make something "more classic" that no one asked for and has created massively unique problems for everyone with different computer display setups.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Well, it certainly needs to be fixed and is not classic at all.

But it's not a game breaker for me.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it certainly needs to be fixed and is not classic at all.

But it's not a game breaker for me.
One of the first things I bought in 1999 was a greater lightstone for my first 10pp.

Because I couldn't see two feet ahead in Gfay without - seems pretty classic to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Less enjoyable - now that I can agree with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Skeleton

If you can't handle it go back to the hello kitty mmo
Old 12-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the first things I bought in 1999 was a greater lightstone for my first 10pp.

Because I couldn't see two feet ahead in Gfay without - seems pretty classic to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Less enjoyable - now that I can agree with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My DE can't even see well. So nope... not classic. And this even messes with the UI. Very not classic.

But like I said, not a game breaker.
Closed Thread